HDM epicure number 2 VS Partagas D 4

How do these compare ? Again I cant seem to get away from the D4 but I would like to add some selection in my humidor. Also how is the Partagas Lusitania ?

so far in my Humidor:

D4

Monte 2

Monte 4

RG Petite Corona

Trinidad Reyes 08

Trinidad Colonels

What I smoked and on my list to purchase:

HUpman 46

Cohiba Siglo 4

Thinking of getting:

Partagas Lusitania

HDM epicure number 2

Punch Double Corona

Any suggestions ?

Two cigars that are highly rated that I didn't care for:

• Bolivar Belicoso Finos
  • Robaina - Unicos

No two cigars are alike even in the same marca. They're all good in their own unique way. If you had to compare a D4 to another robusto, it's probably a bolivar RC. But again, they're very different in terms of flavor although similar in body and strength.

You should perhaps branch out a bit more to see what really strikes you.

I'd suggest trying the HdM and adding some R&J, Por Larrangna or ERDM to the mix.

If you didn't care for Boli and VR, Ramon Allones may not be your cup of tea at the moment either.

The Boliva Finos had no taste. It was just a boring cigar. Maybe I am liking the stronger cigars. Yet an Hupman 46 is good but very strong tasting to me. Partagas D are that perfect fit. However I do like Trinidads. The cigars are filled with flavor. I tried two RJ the Wide Churchill Tubos and another one and I didn't care for either. I guess I will just keep trying until I have found a good fit.

How do these compare ? Again I cant seem to get away from the D4 but I would like to add some selection in my humidor. Also how is the Partagas Lusitania ?

so far in my Humidor:

D4

Monte 2

Monte 4

RG Petite Corona

Trinidad Reyes 08

Trinidad Colonels

What I smoked and on my list to purchase:

HUpman 46

Cohiba Siglo 4

Thinking of getting:

Partagas Lusitania

HDM epicure number 2

Punch Double Corona

Any suggestions ?

Two cigars that are highly rated that I didn't care for:

• Bolivar Belicoso Finos
  • Robaina - Unicos

The last two are my personal faves

All you mention are all good cannot go wrong with the epi#2 excellent cream bomb mmmm

It's unusual the BBF is normally medium to full strong Boli flavours

Hi

I recommend RASS if you like D4, you may take sometimes to appreciate the flavors in the RASS. From my experiences, once you like the RASS you Likely find the d4 a bit too strong.

Upmann 46, 50 and no2 would need some age IMHO but current production stocks is a must have for later smoke. 48 LE 09 is very good smoke.

Have siglo6 (12) and they smoke fantastic young, never tried any thing else in cohiba brand. PE - not my cuppa.

I just got a partagas lusi(12) and their construction is flawless. If every DC is like this, I would only smoke DC given the price to smoketime ratio (I think it's a bargain).

Above are my experiences and opions. Thread your own path.

Peace

Jason

The HDM Epi 2 recent production has been fantastic. I would definately recommend picking up a few to give a shot. Very consistent cigar

As mentioned, every cigar, even in the same marca, has differences. Sometime subtle, sometimes more dramatic, but they are each their own. From what you described you seem to have a diverse palate, I don't think it's necessarily strength you are looking for, more than likely what you are looking for is flavor and complexity. Part of the fun in smoking cigars is discovering the marcas and vitolas that you enjoy. Just because you are a fan of the PSD4 does not mean you will enjoy ever Partagas cigar, and just because you seem to like robustos, does not mean you will enjoy them all. Go out an experiment...enjoy the process of exploration. Be sure you smoke multiple examples of each cigar you try. You never know if one of them was a dud. I willy typically smoke 3 to 5 before making a final judgement. Also, it's important IMHO to revisit cigars you did not necessarily enjoy. Over time I guarantee that your tastes/palate will change as you smoke more an more cigars. Cigars you detested in the past may become favorites. You never know.

As for the Partagas Lusitania. I think it's a phenomenal cigar. My favorite DC out of the Habanos portfolio.

Good luck on your search.

Maybe I got a bad cigar. Everyone rates that cigar as one of the best

I didn't care for the BBF either. I'm letting it sit a couple more months before I light another one up.

I didnt enjoy the HDM EP #2 as well. Found it very lacking in flavor but I am also letting this box sit for a couple more months before I light another one up.

If I had any recommendations it would be to try to the Juan Lopez#2, Monte Petit Edmundo and give the RASS a chance.

• 1 month later...