Trinidad Robusto VS Partagas D4

Well they're both robustos but that's probably not what you're looking for. How does it compare? To some maybe better to others maybe not. Wish I could help more but I've only had the D4 and one T Robusto and that was a few years back.

I like both personally. Prefer the PSD4 when it's on, but consistency is an issue so buy from someone you trust. The T's however I find more mellow, a nice easy relaxing smoke. Doesn't have the same flavour punch in my opinion.

No consistency with PSD4. If you want to grab a very good box wait for a LFH/LFW.

Otherwise, blindly, it can be a disgrace.

On the other hand with Trini's you will have not a big difference between this or that box but you will pay for that.

In my opinion a very good PSD4 will always be better than Trini's. The hard work is to find them.

Different ends of the flavour spectrum.

A very good to great D4 I enjoy when I am in company or seeking something a little bolder in personality.

A Trini Robusto when I am reading a book or need to nut out something in my head. The smoothness, subtlety, suits the task.

I've only had 2 trini Ts but have gone through 3 boxes of psd4's - one an aged box from 2008 that has smoked extremely well (only 8 or so left in the humi - grimace). Thick and rich smoke pepper spice and leaving saltiness on the lips. They were my go to cigar for the everyday occasion until recently when i've found the partagas short to be much more versatile due to packing a punch yet being short enough to enjoy without blocking out a big chunk of the day and economical as well. sorry went of the track a little, but Partagas in general is my cup of tea.

Two totally different cigars. IMO, for the price the Trini is too boring. An aged PSD4 mutes the pepper and turns into a great cigar... I would take a 3+ year PSD4 over a Trini T any day of the week with money left over.

Yea I haven't had much luck with my Robo T's as well either. I'd much rather get Coros for that price.

As everyone said, D4's are very different, more of a after supper smoke for me while the Robo T is a morning or afternoon cigar.

this thread got me to go into the back of my humi and take out the 2008 psd4, smoking it now on my balcony watching the sun set. sweet... (sorry also playing candy crush)

As already mentioned earlier the Trini Robusto T and the PSD4 are two entirely different animals. While the PSD4 is stronger, with pepper and strong earth tones, the Robusto T is a lighter, more refined cigar with the taste of tea, a little grass and a nice woodiness. I'm a big fan of both, and I don't think you can go wrong with either...the right cigar for the right setting...am I right? That said, the PSD4 is the better value of the two.

The Trini Rob T and PSD4 are definitely different animals. The Trini is more of a finess cigar whereas the PSD4 gets right in your face with powerful notes. Both are excellent cigars. I'd rate the Trini over a BHK52 anyday. If you're looking to get one of the two, I'd say go for the Rob T. It's discontinued. If you wait too long you'll have a hard time tracking them down for a decent price. The PSD4 is plentiful. They're better with 2+ years of age but fresh ones tend to do smoke just fine as well.

While the same size cigars, for me it's like comparing the Beatles to AC/DC.

PSD4 when they're good are a spice bomb, whereas I find the Trini Robusto a more delicate subtle flavoured cigar.

The price difference between the two doesn't help the Trini either!

(When I'm in Cuba, the Trini Reyes would be my breakfast cigar of choice because of the mild flavour)

That's funny- I found that the best PSD4s did not have a heavy pepper kick to them- I have a box from '09 that really is a full flavored but very creamy and rich cigar, no real pepper to it at all. They had a bit of pepper ROTT, but they mellowed out quickly to an awesome cigar.

The Trinidads are a very mellow cigar, very different. I am a big fan of the Reyes, as an afternoon smoke with some coffee.

I think the "pepper" thing came from a lot of guys smoking the '02-'07 when fresh. They were pretty tannic and very harsh back then smoking rott. I don't have a clue what the corojo D4's tasted like fresh, but how good these '12s are smoking rott, I couldn't care less.