Suggestion - Digital BBQ Thermometer

Overproof

Hi guys,

wondering if any of you can suggest a couple of thermometers for my BBQ adventures. I've currently been using a little bit of gut instinct along with an extremely crap gasmate wireless thermometer (the ones from bunnings). Buy at your own risk...I've now had two, both are shot to shite and are unreliable as all hell.

I basically need something to clip down near my grill for the internal temp of my weber and something to probe into my meat would be an added bonus. Id would like to have something wireless too, if possible.

Was looking at something called an igrill where you use an app on you phone with it but I'm a little sketchy on something with an 'i' before it mixed with BBQn....has to be a gimmick?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I am extremely happy with my Maverick 732 set. I use it for my smoker mostly. There is one probe for the BBQ temperature and one for the meat temperature and it has a wireless connection to the main unit.

I am extremely happy with my Maverick 732 set. I use it for my smoker mostly. There is one probe for the BBQ temperature and one for the meat temperature and it has a wireless connection to the main unit.

That sounds like its exactly what I'm after.

I use the Maverick ET-732 as well, but my wireless receiver has not worked properly since I got it.

Laziness stopped me from contacting the supplier, but it works fine without the wireless receiver and I'm normally having a cigar outside when I'm grillin so I don't mind so much.

Indeed - this is a great topic and I had the same question. Thanks to you fine folks, I've just placed an order for an ET-732 of my own!

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Sounds like a good replacement for my last, especially with probe temp resistance over 700 degrees - burned out my last ones...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...