Are fake cubans made in cuba better than fake cubans made elsewhere?

Just realized I didn't answer the OP's question. Let's just say that some of the most horrific counterfeits I've ever tried were from Cuba. Furthermore, some of the non-Cuban counterfeits I've smoked have been enjoyable cigars. Go figure.

Wilkey

What a bunch of drama queens. The OP clearly stated that he listed them as fakes on CL. What's the big deal if someone decided to buy them knowing fully well that they are fakes ?? As for the purchaser on selling them as legit.....it's buyer beware. Anyone who knows anything about cigars knows not to trust the legitimacy of cigars sold on Craigslist. Besides, the guy that bought them probably just wanted some cheap sticks for a poker night. Sheesh.....I wonder how many of you would knowingly pass on a counterfeit $100 bill if one found its way into your wallets ? I'm not saying its right but I'm sure very few would drop it off at the nearest police station or just toss it in the trash. Anyway, I'm off topic as the OP didn't do anything like that....he sold an item he clearly identified as fake. No harm done. Now to await the vitriol about to be hurled in my direction....

no disrespect Aussie but i think the OP was edited to state they were listed as fakes....kinda late to the discussion. Just sayin.

AussieCanuck,

There's no need for that kind of attitude. Frankly, your post came off as being sort of jerkish.

Wilkey

Hmm, I guess that's where our opinions differ. I thought all the previous posts accusing the OP of being underhanded in selling them on CL were kind of jerk'ish, especially when he had given full disclosure and stated as such. Anyway, being or coming across as jerk'ish was not my intention, so apologies. I spend a fair amount of time on this forum but don't post too often as my cigar knowledge and experience pales in significance to others on here. However, the general mood of this forum is usually like a group of friends getting together to discuss stuff. Sometimes when my friends carry on I'll tell them to pull their heads in. Definitely works better in person than on an Internet forum.

For what it's worth, your previous post made a lot of sense and I would 100% agree with it if the OP had dissected some of the cigars and found potentially harmful material in them ( that is apart from the tobacco that we all know is not the best for us).

law_of_drama.png

rotfl.gif

Seriously you guys....just...seriously. Some of you prefer the taste of drama to cigars, to make a fight out of this really took a lot of effort

What a bunch of drama queens. The OP clearly stated that he listed them as fakes on CL. What's the big deal if someone decided to buy them knowing fully well that they are fakes ?? As for the purchaser on selling them as legit.....it's buyer beware. Anyone who knows anything about cigars knows not to trust the legitimacy of cigars sold on Craigslist. Besides, the guy that bought them probably just wanted some cheap sticks for a poker night. Sheesh.....I wonder how many of you would knowingly pass on a counterfeit $100 bill if one found its way into your wallets ? I'm not saying its right but I'm sure very few would drop it off at the nearest police station or just toss it in the trash. Anyway, I'm off topic as the OP didn't do anything like that....he sold an item he clearly identified as fake. No harm done. Now to await the vitriol about to be hurled in my direction....

AussieCanuck,

There's no need for that kind of attitude. Frankly, your post came off as being sort of jerkish.

Wilkey

Frankly, why do people seem to invoke the "drama" statement, when others are taking a stance perhaps on a subject that they see the opposite on? The passive aggressive BS on here where people play on words like this is getting tiring.

We have debate and conversation on stuff. Something like these conversations have differing opinions. Everyone's entitled to them.

It's been something that's come up on this forum quite often. Many of us (I would think most of us) would have an issue with someone knowingly selling fakes, overtly or covertly. I don't want to see a BOTL get screwed around at any point, and fakes can just lead to a bad situation down the road for some unsuspecting person's wallet.

And contrary to your post, AussieCanuck, it wasn't even clarified yet (as to whether he openly listed them as fakes) when many of us were asking those questions.

Got it. Hubba set me straight on that (see above). My view on this forum doesn't show the original post as edited ( outdated iPhone perhaps ?)

Frankly, why do people seem to invoke the "drama" statement, when others are taking a stance perhaps on a subject that they see the opposite on? The passive aggressive BS on here where people play on words like this is getting tiring.

We have debate and conversation on stuff. Something like these conversations have differing opinions. Everyone's entitled to them.

It's been something that's come up on this forum quite often. Many of us (I would think most of us) would have an issue with someone knowingly selling fakes, overtly or covertly. I don't want to see a BOTL get screwed around at any point, and fakes can just lead to a bad situation down the road for some unsuspecting person's wallet.

And contrary to your post, AussieCanuck, it wasn't even clarified yet (as to whether he openly listed them as fakes) when many of us were asking those questions.

i'm sure the cubans think of all the cigars made by american companies using their brands (red dot cohibas et al) as "fakes"... they are probably better than the homegrown cuban fakes and there's seemingly a big market for them too!

i'm sure the cubans think of all the cigars made by american companies using their brands (red dot cohibas et al) as "fakes"... they are probably better than the homegrown cuban fakes and there's seemingly a big market for them too!

Immitation is the finest form of flattery too! :D

I guess if a cigar is just a hand rolled product with low quality tobacco it could be decent, similar to a Bouza etc. The issue for me would be if you get a floor-sweepings cigar lol, if you can somehow know what you are getting then a rebanded Bouza to me would be preferable to a rebanded NC

It really depends on the fake. I've seen some fake MGR's and 1966's that look 99.9% or even 100% like the real thing. You literally can't tell them apart, and the fake 1966's even smoke pretty good until the second half where it turns to crap. I've seen pics of fakes that were sold in cuba that just looks...fake. I've had a friend buy a box of mixed EL's when we were in cancun earlier this year that looked horrible but to an untrained eye probably looked pretty good. A few weeks ago I was sitting in my B&M and a dude whips out a box of barber pole's from his locker. I glanced at the band and it was "cohiba". He smoked the whole thing enjoying every inch of it.

So yes, I believe there are grades on fakes, whether they're from cuba or not. But fake is fake, and I'm glad I've been lucky enough not to come across any myself.

Can we all at least agree that there is nothing better than drawing a warm bubble bath, pouring a nice glass of arbor mist on ice, turning down the lights and just letting the smooth waves of the Live at the Lillith Fair Album just wash all over you?