A Special day calls for a special celebration

Tomorrow is a special day and I have lined up four CCs from my humidor that I plan to smoke to celebrate. That might be a bit too much for one day so I will probably start tonight and extend the ceremony over 2or 3 days. In any case, I was wondering if there is any special order I should follow to fully appreciate each of these cigars should I decide to smoke two in a row.

- Montecristo 520 LE

- Cohiba Siglo VI

- Cohiba Piramide Extra

- HDM Double Corona

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated, thanks !

If I would be brave enough to smoke them all in the same day, I would in this order:

HDM DC

Cohiba SVI

Cohiba PE

Monte 520 LE

But really I think it would be better to smoke them in 3 or 4 days to enjoy at their best :D

very nice cigars all of them

Personally, I couldn't survive the day if I smoked all of those, but I'm just a weakling 2 cigar a week kind of guy. If I had to put them in order I would suggest

Siglo VI

PE

HDC

If you want to make a special day even MORE special, try smoking them all at once! You'll have stories to tell for years!

If I would be brave enough to smoke them all in the same day, I would in this order:

HDM DC

Cohiba SVI

Cohiba PE

Monte 520 LE

But really I think it would be better to smoke them in 3 or 4 days to enjoy at their best biggrin.png

very nice cigars all of them

I tend to agree. I've never smoke more than two cigars in a day so there is no reason to rush things :)

Personally, I couldn't survive the day if I smoked all of those, but I'm just a weakling 2 cigar a week kind of guy. If I had to put them in order I would suggest

Siglo VI

PE

HDC

If you want to make a special day even MORE special, try smoking them all at once! You'll have stories to tell for years!

I'm that kind of smoker too - thanks for your input !

Those are some serious sticks for one day of smoking. Over two days I'd recommend the following lineup. :)

I've lined up them in terms of "body". Start off with the relatively "milder" cigar and finish with the fuller bodied one. The 520 is a monster smoke. Prepare yourself. It's full bodied and complex.

Enjoy :ok:

Day 1

- HDM Double Corona

- Cohiba Siglo VI

Day 2

- Cohiba Piramide Extra

- Montecristo 520 LE

Man up boys! lol The real question is what will you be drinking?

Glad you asked. I have a few bottle of single malts I want to try at home. Ardberg 10 years, Macallan 12 years, Glenmorangie Astar, Oban, Springbank 15 years, ... I forget a few I'm sure. Most of them bought recently thanks to a gift card I received back in May. What would you suggest as far as pairing goes ?

OK, here is the update so far. I couldn't even take time to smoke two in a row so I resorted to smoke one a day.

June 28th - Siglo VI : I figured I would start the celebration with this one, having had it in my humidor the longest (roughly 9 months). Seeing the rave reviews it gets, I was expecting a lot from it. What a mistake. It felt like I was licking an ashtray for most of the smoke. Very harsh taste. not much smoke, pretty disappointing experience overall. I have 12 others in my humidor, hope they will be better.

June 29th - HDM double Corona : instant classic. Beautiful construction, pleasant smell and very nice taste. Smoked it while reading outside and relaxing.

More to come...

That does n't sound right for a Cohiba, can you comfirm authenticity

It was bought by my wife in Cuba last August, in one of the factories' cigar shop. I suspect it was not a prime cigar as she bought an assortment of different sizes & brands. I've had hit or miss experiences so far with Cohiba. The best one I've had so far was a robusto.

Love your jersey by the way. Very cool ;)

Another update :

June 30th - Cohiba Piramide Extra : I bought these from *****INT two months ago. It fared much better that the Siglo VI I smoked on my birthday two days ago and did restore my faith in the famed brand. Superb cigar if I ever had one, flawless construction and very good looking. Pre light aroma was nice, draw was easy (almost too much for my taste) and there was a good amount of smoke right from the beginning, which is always pleasant. Smoked it to an inch or so from the tapered end. again, this was smoked outdoors on a perfect summer day and with lots of time to enjoy the experience, which was not the case for the Siglo VI. I paired this one with a Leffe brune beer from Belgium, a personal favorite.

The last one on the list will be the Monte 520 LE, probably tomorrow. Will keep you all posted !

Congats on the smokes. Et bonne fête! party.gif

Merci Jazzmonkey, it's been a very nice extended weekend so far. Hope to finish it up nicely with the Monte 520.

BTW, I'm a die hard fan of the Beastie Boys and I' green with envy of your avatar !

Cheers,

Last update :

July 1st - Montecristo 520 Limited Edition : Another very good looking CC, again bought right here from *****INT. I really enjoyed the fact that is is tightly rolled and that it feels somewhat heavy in the hand. A very satisfying smoke overall. I'm certainly not expert when it comes to taste and can't yet find specific tastes to the CCs I smoke (chocolate, coffee, leather and the likes), but I could definitely feel the complexity in the taste of this cigar. Reminded me of a good cup of strong coffee. Another one to keep for great occasions (or not - life is so short after all).

smoking a Bolivar P-2 Exclusivo Canada. A pretty good cigar only have a few left.

Bonne Fête du Canada!