Darren Lehmann you da man

How much could he possibly do in a few weeks? We will still get flogged in the ashes.

I don't know how much of a coach problem the team has. I think we jsut don't have the cricketing talent in the younger generation these days. That being said i don't really follow the cricket nor do i have any idea what the names of the new players these days are.

good decision. terrible timing.

what the hell were they thinking? two weeks before the biggest series of tests we've ever seen - two ashes series - start? they have lost the plot.

i saw one report which said there was concern over the homeworkgate crap and coming down on the players too hard (what a bizarre mess) and the next para said he was not seen as tough enough with warner etc.

so the same folk who sacked him for not being tough enough on warner were the very people who gave warner the proverbial thrashing with a feather duster. they had the chance to step up and instead they squibbed it. headless chooks.

seems to be the patsy for the sort of adminstration that makes our current government look competent.

i'm assured that pat howard was heavily involved in getting deans appointed as rugby coach when he was with the aru. now another sport with which he is involved is in turmoil. no idea the extent of his involvement here but too coincidental that everything he touches as an administrator turns to excrement.

from the sydney morning herald.

Arthur was the easy one to remove, though. The captain, being the world's best batsman and an impressive tactician, wasn't going to be removed, nor Howard, who was a Sutherland appointee. Inverarity's close friendship with the CA chairman and fellow West Australian Wally Edwards also gives him a safety net.

says it all.

i understand that ian chappell recently stormed out of a meeting with howard where howard was trying to explain the benefits of their resting rotation policy (christ, the bloke is in charge of 'high performance' - we have not had any high performance since, well, before howard was appointed).

so a former rugby player and failed administrator on every level, is explaining how best to play cricket to the bloke who was perhaps the finest tactical and motivational skipper we have ever had. the hide of the bloke. it shows just how far from reality aussie cricket has drifted.

the poms must be bent double pissing themselves.

All good things come to end.... And Australian Cricket's legacy ended about 4 years ago.

rob, there is 'good things coming to an end' and then there is 'spitting on the flag and trampling it into the dust'.

guess where aussie cricket fits?

Absolutely right there, KG. Makes me sad. I've gone from watching every ball ever bowled for the season... to lucky if I even watch an over. They are a disgrace. It's not the losing that bothers me... Its the arrogance in defeat and the contempt these egos hold the fans in that kills me.

Absolutely right there, KG. Makes me sad. I've gone from watching every ball ever bowled for the season... to lucky if I even watch an over. They are a disgrace. It's not the losing that bothers me... Its the arrogance in defeat and the contempt these egos hold the fans in that kills me.

spot on.

i remember days where no tv and i'd still stay up till stumps every night of overseas tests listening to the radio.

now, i didn't even know we had a current tournament until someone posted.

a little arrogance in victory in international sport is inevitable. in defeat it is embarrassing.

You never know your luck in a big city LOL

Nothing to loose IMO