Footy thread (soccer)

A thread for us footy fans to shoot the breeze, its a poor summer with no real tournament to follow although at least England cant lose on penalties. So footy fans who do you follow?

Im a Liverpool fan, not my smartest ever choice but 5 year old me wasnt all that smart, how about the rest of you? excited for next season? apprehensive? let it rip.

Personally i think this year in the premier league will be a cracker for a change with most of the top sides changing manager

Manchester City for 20+ years.

Still coming to terms with the fact that a winning season is not escaping relegation lmao.gif

Should be a great season coming up. New manager, new style, new players.

Two out of every four years we never loose on penalties, a 50% success rate at penalties is pretty good if you think about it.

Never really followed a specific team just followed the football, I have to say watching Arsenal during their invincible years and Real during their Galactico era was something that I'll never forget, nothing has come even close since, if anything those teams have made the style of football today seem boring (Barca's tika etc).

Didn't really watch any matches last season, this year with Jose's return and a few others looks like it could turn out entertaining again.

At least you're not a Magpie Dan, I'd have lost the last of my hair during the last week!

At least your am old school city fan pres, the Newcastle saga is quite something captain, how mike Ashley thought appointing joke inear was a good move has me bemused, after the crap we went through under hicks and Gillett I feel for the barcodes

always love to hear from spurs fans (as a loyal follower of the glorious gunners). is there a better day of the year than st totteringham's day?

will confess we have only snuck past you guys by the skin of our teeth the last couple of years but wenger is a genius.

interesting to see if bale (not many clubs would complain having that bloke up front?????) and the coach stay.

Hey, guys,

Recently I created a thread about Confederations Cup 2013 in Brazil but I completely lost it (have to bump it).

So I make the same invitation here: I am going to Rio next weekend to watch the final match. If you will be there let me know and it will be a pleasure to have a cigar with you (and some caipirinhas, I know you love it) and help you somehow during your trip. I've been in Rio several times (don't live there) and I can give you some hints.

PM me if you feel confortable with that

Oliver

PS: if you are going to Brazil PM as well. If I can help you, probably by e-mail, it will be a giant pleasure. I live in Curitiba.

Tottenham hotspur since i could kick a ball. But lost most of my interest over the last couple of years.

You should start following again. Spurs have been doing pretty well the last few years and, if Bale stays on, they have one of the best players going right now.

And, yes, I am a Spurs fans since 1972 when my family lived in London for a year when I was in first grade.

Bale is not a striker Ken.

Stick to your Goons. Hardly glorious these days.

granted, though he tends to play more forward than many from the centre. and i think most sides would very happily shoehorn him in there. interesting to see wenger say how he made a mistake not picking up bale at the same time as walcott (from their time at southampton - i know i'd much rather have had bale though i suspect wenger was nt alone in his assessment at the time) when i think bale was playing far further back. wenger does have a record of turning people into rather decent strikers. well, did.

and yes, not overly glorious of late but certainly done better than some neighbouring clubs. they have to left their standards - simply making champions and topping spurs not enough. and if they could bring foratd st T's day by a month or two, it would make for a more comfortable season.

Hey, guys,

Recently I created a thread about Confederations Cup 2013 in Brazil but I completely lost it (have to bump it).

So I make the same invitation here: I am going to Rio next weekend to watch the final match. If you will be there let me know and it will be a pleasure to have a cigar with you (and some caipirinhas, I know you love it) and help you somehow during your trip. I've been in Rio several times (don't live there) and I can give you some hints.

PM me if you feel confortable with that

Oliver

PS: if you are going to Brazil PM as well. If I can help you, probably by e-mail, it will be a giant pleasure. I live in Curitiba.

Again Oliver, thanks for your kind offer and generosity...

I don't think Carlisle United wil make it to the final..!biggrin.png

cheers mate.

City will regret getting rid of Mancini.

Very true I think, not many managers could have achieved what he was able to do with that bunch of mercs and man-boys. He managed to stay classy through the whole drama too. Only three or four other managers in the world could have equalled what he did imo

An avid Galatasaray fan here. I should remind you that we've beaten ManU and Real this season. We will be even better next season with new transfers (Don't forget that we already have Drogba and Sneijder). You can see it for yourself in this year's Emirates Cup ;)

Hate to say it in a Liverpool fan's thread but AC Milan supporter here. Been playing for 40 years as well, it's the only sport I follow. Oddball in the US but it's getting better

No worries about that, always had a soft spot for rossoneri from the early nineties

I dislike Stokes style intensely but you have to feel they have made a maradonna shaped mistake in appointing Hughes

A Liverpool fan here since, well forever. Brother and father die hard Spurs fans. I'm hoping Brendan can bring together some of the young talent for the upcoming season and we can hopefully play consistently for one full season! Then again, I've been waiting patiently since 1989/90 season!!whistle.gif Given the managerial changes I think it's going to be a very interesting and exciting season.