Heartbroken: James Gandolfini

RIP James ,though I have never watched the Soprannos ,he was loved by many

A great guy who I met once. He was very outgoing and a happy guy. He has two young children, so sad. Just another reminder to take care of yourself and see a doctor regularly for check ups. If you have a family history of heart disease be especially vigilant.

RIP...James Gandolfini was a great actor. The Sopranos was an amazing series that touched on many, many profound subjects and I enjoyed it immensely... I heard he was a fantastic, regular, down-to-earth family guy. Another one gone way too soon. Rest well.

I work in the business here in NYC and didn't meet him personally but very close friends were on the sopranos and every single story is not about him being tony soprano but of him being the most genuinely nice guy and complete opposite of the character he portrayed, so much that it nearly drove him crazy....

Best was hearing stories of how he would take a break in between scenes on the soundstage at silvercup studios and light a cigar inside And no one ever complained....

It's a really sad day in our industry, we lost one of the best much too soon....

Just watched The Untouchables, where Robert de Niro played Al Capone. He looked a lot like Tony Soprano and can play an amazing mob boss. If there was a Sopranos movie, he would be an excellent tribute.