Quintero Favorito Alternatives?

EuroTrash

Last week I tried a favorito and was pleasantly surprised. The only other quintero I had was not worth the butane to light it (can't recall which). For the price of these petit robustos I'm sold but *****INT is out of stock.

The Nacionales and Panetelas are in stock however and I'm wondering if either of these is an acceptable substitute? Even at $80 a box I don't want to buy something I will never want to smoke.

Panatelas are decent, same flavour as the favoritos but a bit more concentrated, less mellow. The brevas is quite harsh if you like that type of thing. The rest of the line isn't anything to write home about imo.

For the price/decent smoke ratio the favs are pretty much on their own unless you want to spend a bit more cash and go for the hoyo petit robustos

• 3 months later...

The Brevas have been a solid reliable smoke,generally either ugly or decent visually,but well made and burn ok.

You will get a couple duds out of 25,no big deal.

My Friends keep them too,for yard gars....

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a box of Brevas but hadnt go the time to try em out yet. I know that they're short filler but what about the favoritos?

Are they short/medium/longfillers?

The Favoritos is short filler. It's the first attempt of a large rg cigar rolled with short filler in Cuba, to my knowledge.

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...