Cohiba Robusto

Bunner

hey guys a friend of mine living out west temp working at a mining camp bought a box from a source I use from time to time. The box was on sale. I trust the source but he thinks these maybe fake. I said smoke one to determine for sure.....

The box code checked out and honestly the rest looks ok.... other then the band isn't very sharp, which is his problem.

Opinions?

post-9577-0-31062100-1363780477_thumb.jp

post-9577-0-48461000-1363780508_thumb.jp

post-9577-0-12488100-1363780530_thumb.jp

post-9577-0-80170500-1363780748_thumb.jp

post-9577-0-95099800-1363780761_thumb.jp

Those look like the real deal to me as well... i've had the good fortune of seeing a few recent boxes and they look good...

yes, i just looked at an old cohiba band I have and from his pictures they are definitely not as crisp or sharp.

He sent me the bar code and I checked it myself. It checks out as an ok box.

not sure on the code... looks like black ink I'll ask.

I've sen boxes of both Partagas and Romeo y Julieta with that AOL factory code,

hope that helps, fingers crossed!!!

I personally don't smoke the bands so one that is slightly off from a trusted vendor doesn't have me losing any sleep.

You need to up your quota of daily cigars, you'll slip a few bands in there! lookaround.gif

I dont find the Cohiba bands smoke as well as the HDM tho.

I have a number of those boxes, slightly different code, but it all looks fine and legit, as far as the pictures show. If he's concerned about the bands, I'm presuming it's due to the gold embossing on the "Cohiba" name and box-surround. Well, that's actually how "rough" the gold embossing usually is on most of the Cohiba general line-up stuff (ie - non-LE's, not the BHK or Piramides bands). The gold embossing is usually just slightly off - it's just what it is.

It looks great. Tell your friend to be happy to have such a nice looking box.

I have a number of those boxes, slightly different code, but it all looks fine and legit, as far as the pictures show. If he's concerned about the bands, I'm presuming it's due to the gold embossing on the "Cohiba" name and box-surround. Well, that's actually how "rough" the gold embossing usually is on most of the Cohiba general line-up stuff (ie - non-LE's, not the BHK or Piramides bands). The gold embossing is usually just slightly off - it's just what it is.

It looks great. Tell your friend to be happy to have such a nice looking box.

ya I wasnt worried about the source. It helped me calm him down. but ill let him know his box looks great :P