Upmann PC vs Connie 1

I have recently purchased a box of Upmann PC's that I am really really enjoying. I tried a box of 3 Upmann 46 a while ago and whilst it was 'ok' it wasn't anything to write home about. What is the general consensus about the Connie 1? Is it more like the PC or more like the 46... the reason I ask is that I find the Hermsos no4 is typically my favourite size cigar.

I really like the Upmann Connoisseur 1, but I know plenty of people on this forum

might say that this is the only Upmann to avoid, LOL.

I guess you would want to have a box of Connie 1's quality checked by our host,

whilst others like PC and 46 you could even by blind, they are - as a rule - more consistant.

I personally think it is a very good and very typical Upmann,

it might change its profile slightly over a number of years if you intend to age them.

Interesting and somehow underrated cigar which is not blended to impress you, but has real poise and class.

Cheers, Alex

If I have to pick, the Connie 1 is closer to the Mag 46

While both have the signature upmann flavor, the PC is leaner, more casual and easier to smoke. The Connie has more body, and gives you more oomph. Both are pleasant to smoke, they match with different time/mood.

The connie has a nicer packaging IMO

Honestly the Connie 1 is one of my favorite go to smokes. They really shine with just a year or two under their belt and only get better with age. I just finished up a cab of 08s and about cried till I tried a 2012 and found them quite ready to smoke even at this young of an age. So I proceeded to grab a 2011 box to smoke and I may pick up another 1-2 this year to sit on.

The PCs are a good little stick and I finally picked up my first box just this month. While tough to compare to the Connie, if I had to choose it would be the #1 all day long. Consider the price difference isn't that much and the #1s are an all around better cigar. Heck in the smaller Upmann range I actually still prefer the Coronas Major or Minor to the PC.

Hope that helps!

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned construction issues with the PC. Indeed a great cigar...but recent construction puts this cigar on par with the Monte #4.

Upman Conni 1, on the other hand, has proved to be a very consistent cigar for me. Flavors are much more delicate and mild then the mag 46, but a lot more consistent.