Ferrari?!

Never mind those, this is what you want:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Up#section_1

Its an absolute joy to drive and i put £50 a month ($70) petrol in it.

No tax either due to its low emissions.

They are bringing out a GT version of it later this year with the same power and weight of the original golf GTI.

Top gear have reviewed it and they love it, it also won what? Car of the year.

Lol. All jokes aside that car is gorgeous.

Out of all the new metal at the Geneva Motor Show, the two that caught my eye were the Porsche GT3 and Rolls Royce Wraith. Wouldn't it be cool and eccentric to run a "sports" roller?

Call me crazy. But I still think these are amongst the most beautiful cars made.

And the reason that car was made was to beat the Ferraris!

In reference to the new Ferrari, it is beautiful but I dont think the design will be as timeless as the ones Shlomo dislikes (California) - I say this because I remember the WOW factor of the Testerossa back in the 1980's, everyone thought that was the Ferrari to end all Ferraris - how could a design get better than that?? But its like an old 80's one hit wonder. I see this new car in that same design lineage. Wild looking, but will it hold up like a classic 250GT?

True story: In 1986 I went to the Grand Prix of Monaco with a very good friend who lives in the south of France. We went to visit his cousin who collected cars and that day we discussed his selling of his Mercedes 300SL Gullwing for about $50,000 so he could put the money towards a new Testarossa. Everyone LOVED the new Ferrari and couldnt wait for this trade to happen but I didnt think it was a good idea and told him so.

Today the Gullwing is hard to get for under $500,000 and his $120K Ferrari can be had for $50,000.

I have not brought up the trade since.

I like the new car, but I like the sexy classic lines of a 412 or FF much better.

I raced motorcycles for almost 20 years. The real fun of hi performance anything... is in running the pi(ss) out of it, taking risks with it, and potentially wrecking it! And yourself I might add!

If you cannot afford to wreck it, there is no real fun in owning it (MHO)!!! This is no real comment on the car itself, just my opinion about owning things that go fast. If you are not risking it, and perhaps your own life running it, you have missed most of the fun in owning it!

Driving around on a track is one thing. Pushing it until it "departs" is the thrill.

For the record, scraping the pegs on my Harley while smoking a cigar is more than enough thrill to keep me going these days!!! -LOL

Ultimately one of these cars would be wasted on me. I am no longer ignorant of my mortality! Ahhh.. hell, I would still love to wreck one!

Love the thread mate, thanks for posting. Great input from those who have owned exotics too.

Cheers!

-Piggy

I like Toyotas. biggrin.pngwink.pnginnocent.gif

if we are talking practical, then the land cruiser is a brilliant 4wd (and this from someone who spent a lot of time driving both a land cruiser and a range rover - you put one range rover in the pacific and they never let you forget it). if i had the dosh, i'd be all over one.

the koenigsegg and new pagani huayra are incredible. the new ferrari just doesnt do much for me. and the wheels they put on it look quite boring....the p1 looks much better. cant wait to see them on top gear

Give me a 57 Chev, 32 Ford 5 window or 56 F100 any day.

Sure, they are not as refined as a Ferrari, but slip 500+ cuber between the rails and tell me thats not exciting.

If I was buying a "supercar" I'd look at an Aston Martin.

If I had the cash for car I wanted to enjoy and drive regularly, I'd build another hot rod

... that being said, I still get excited when I see a Ferrari crusin around the streets of Melbourne :-D