Rafael Gonzales Perlas

StefanJson

I think they're alright. Probably my least favorite RG of them all (and I am a big fan of the Marca). Would pick up some aged Panetelas instead for the same or less money.

• Like 1

Had another one of these last night from a Box I picked up about 6 months ago.The best one that I have had yet. A bit of sleepy time has done these a world of good.

Roasted coffee and caramel flavors, great draw with voluminous plumes of smoke, white powder ash with a razor sharp burn. I did take my time with it and it rewarded in spades.

Every bit as enjoyable as the Half Coronas that I have been partaking. RG is an under appreciated Brand by most Habanophiles. Definitely worth a try!

I have been enjoying a Box of 09 CE's of late. Great smoke...

As you say the PC's are fabulous, the Perla's are wonderful, and even the Panatella Extra's are not bad.

Speaking of PC's worth a trying is the ERDM. Now hard to come by as they have been discontinued, but they are one of my fav's!

• 1 month later...

RG Perlas vs Quintero Favoritos - 2 C&Cs popping up at the same time - which one wins for you?

I got both at the same time in Spain last July. The Perlas for me. Far more enjoyable when fresh. The favoritos I found quite bitter. Given some time to relax they may turn out to be decent. To be honest I think it will always be the Perlas though when deciding between the two.

I got both at the same time in Spain last July. The Perlas for me. Far more enjoyable when fresh. The favoritos I found quite bitter. Given some time to relax they may turn out to be decent. To be honest I think it will always be the Perlas though when deciding between the two.

The Perlas are the better cigar I think.

But I smoked a Favoritos that I had rested for a few weeks the other day, and it was quite honeyed and floral, a good smoke.

Both are great value.

Good to know thanks, I'll dig out a Favorito today.

I'd be interested to Know if you think it has improved....or whether there is a vast variability in the favoritos due to the short filler?

• 4 weeks later...

Just smoked my first. Bland opening, but was good when it got going. Last third was very good.

At the moment I would definitely reach for a HUHC or Partagas short before this. But it showed enough to think this might be a very good cigar with a bit of time.

• 2 weeks later...

great little cigar... good bang for the buck. I have a 5by5 with a oct12 date, they are 'young and wild' but still good with toasted hardwood and spice wrapped up with a nice salty bitterness... just my 2cents...

• 2 weeks later...

Had one from Sam yesterday. Good flavor but tastes a bit dirty. Not sure if age will improve that. Got soft in hand at the end and a little bitter, but I would smoke one again.

Picked up a box in spain, and im very impressed. Very good for the price. Had a friend over the other day for a few cigars - he enjoyed it more than the Royal robusto! Dont quite agree on that, but it's good for sure

• 5 months later...

got some 5packs off czars. really strong flavour, loads of cedar some unusual coffee/sawdust a little bit of the RafGonz meatiness (from memory) - i'm enjoying. format is great, you probably don't want to draw too hard though. hmm. pity it's a drenching gale outside.