The short lived story of Cotais

El Presidente

as always jose, a fascinating trip down memory lane...

as an aside, i have tasted some decent tobacco in some of the minis and clubs from ICT... that sometimes actually taste like the marca (!). is some of this tobacco leftover cuttings from the big boys?

as always jose, a fascinating trip down memory lane...

as an aside, i have tasted some decent tobacco in some of the minis and clubs from ICT... that sometimes actually taste like the marca (!). is some of this tobacco leftover cuttings from the big boys?

it is a possibility. Even in the sorting houses for Vuelta Abajo tobacco, poor leaf is designated for cigarettes/cigarillos. The vast majority of leaf comes from oriente/las tunas etal.

I should point out that a visit one march to a famous finca saw tobacco in the ground and near harvest. When I asked the owner why planting was so late he said it was for use in cigarettes/mini's etc. Having underground water, he could get away with a second crop.

I should point out that a visit one march to a famous finca saw tobacco in the ground and near harvest. When I asked the owner why planting was so late he said it was for use in cigarettes/mini's etc. Having underground water, he could get away with a second crop.

thanks for the info Rob, very interesting. (now with those new "jack and the beanstalk" magic tobacco plants that the scientists have cooked up, they'll never have to plant again, just harvest the leaves LOL)