melting time....

Hi Ken

Just watching the morning news ,they say Q/Land will be about 10.c above average for a week ,at least it won't be as humid ,or it could be worse

Steve

Thats intense. Where abouts in Qld are you Ken? Pretty glad I'm in air-con at the moment!

i'm in brizzy - the readings are so high as the thermometer for the outside is in direct sun, in the courtyard, which rarely gets a breeze, so just cooking (i think the weather bureau does temperatures in protected spots hence the dscrepancy).

inside is now a slightly too warm (aircon on soon) 26.6C. outside has now hit 61.5C. crap!

Jesus Ken.. Incredible.. It's been bloody hot here in Adelaide but thankfully not that hot. I ride my bike to work daily so leathering up in mid 40's is already killing me.

i'm in brizzy - the readings are so high as the thermometer for the outside is in direct sun, in the courtyard, which rarely gets a breeze, so just cooking (i think the weather bureau does temperatures in protected spots hence the dscrepancy).

inside is now a slightly too warm (aircon on soon) 26.6C. outside has now hit 61.5C. crap!

Oh ok yeh I'm in Brissy too. Its times like these I'm very glad I have an office job. Feel sorry for all those poor blighters working outside today.

Currently 32oC here in West Pennant Hills. Not a scorcher like yesterday, but still hot.

Temps under full sunlight are always higher than the actual air temperature. While 60oC is impressive (you can almost cook an egg), it's not the actual temp in Brisbane. Current air temp is just under 40oC, but that's still bloody hot!

Currently 32oC here in West Pennant Hills. Not a scorcher like yesterday, but still hot.

Temps under full sunlight are always higher than the actual air temperature. While 60oC is impressive (you can almost cook an egg), it's not the actual temp in Brisbane. Current air temp is just under 40oC, but that's still bloody hot!

fuzz, correct - as mentioned above, it is the temp on my exposed thermometer in the courtyard.

that said, fascinating watching it. we have just had a smidge of cloud cover and the temp immediately dropped back into the high 40s. as soon as protected from direct sunlight.

i mentioned the days of 48plus in pakistan in a different post. way hotter than this.

mind you, it is still seriously hot today.

yes, hot!

i was in the mornington penionsula in 09 when the fires hit. horrendous, though even worse elsewhere. terrifies me even thinking about it.

i think i have become a little bit obsessed by my thermometer. it has been in shade now for a bit and sitting around 37C which is pretty much the predicted high. direct sun just cooks the thing though.

Wow, with the temperatures hovering around 40 and a RH of 50 - 60% , that makes to unbearably hot! We have nothing like that here in the Canadian west. Well at least not yet. Feeling for all of you over there as I am very familiar what wildfires do.

i think i have become a little bit obsessed by my thermometer..

.......hard to believe rotfl.gif

You should have been a weatherman Ken! Who can forget the minute by minute posting of the Queensland Floods!

"it's getting Higher" 5:05pm

"Higher now" : 5:06Pm

"Much Higher now" 5:07pm

"Seriously High now" 5:08pm

"Need to save the Springsteen CD's " 5:09 PM

biggrin.png

.......hard to believe rotfl.gif

You should have been a weatherman Ken! Who can forget the minute by minute posting of the Queensland Floods!

"it's getting Higher" 5:05pm

"Higher now" : 5:06Pm

"Much Higher now" 5:07pm

"Seriously High now" 5:08pm

"Need to save the Springsteen CD's " 5:09 PM

biggrin.png

you can bet that if it came down to you or the bruce cd's for the last spot on the liferaft, you'd need your water wings.

Summer is typically hot in Australia, but this summer is just a bit freaky. The BOM website will give you an indication of the different climates and temps around Australia.

Older Aussies are kinda used to this as we never had air con growing up. Kids these days can't live without it!

662px-Australia-climate-map_MJC01.pngmxtaussum.png

mx9605.png