520 or Grand Edmundo

If the 520 is around $250 a box and the Grand Edmundo around $160-170, which would you opt for? I've only tried singles of the GE and thought it was an excellent smoke, nothing extraordinary. How does the 520 stack up?

For me it is much more of a smoke than the grand edmundo. A lot of great flavor, complexity, and strength. It's quite the smoke. I'd say it has better aging potential than the grand edmundo. I've tried around 12 singles and all were stellar and consistently great

If the 520 is around $250 a box and the Grand Edmundo around $160-170, which would you opt for? I've only tried singles of the GE and thought it was an excellent smoke, nothing extraordinary. How does the 520 stack up?

Try a single and make up your own mind - that's what I did. I'll have one more single when I get back to Germany and that will be my final judgement. So far, I haven't bought the hype.

I'd love to try a single, but sadly I'm no longer living in France and don't have access to a B&M. I'll probably just have to go for a box and hope they are worth it. However, there are so many good production MCs out there. unsure.png

I'd love to try a single, but sadly I'm no longer living in France and don't have access to a B&M. I'll probably just have to go for a box and hope they are worth it. However, there are so many good production MCs out there. unsure.png

You won't have a problem trading a box out if you don't like them...

520's are already great cigars. Can't imagine what they will taste like in 5 years. Had 2 of them, and really enjoyed them. Hope I'll be able to buy 30 of them in the next year for aging purpose.

I missed out on the Sublimes when they first came out. I did manage to get a full box and several singles. While I love the vitola, they have been very good but not great cigars for me. The MGE's were far better IMO in that they delivered from original release and continue to do so. I've had a few 520's and they've been excellent. I believe they have a lot of potential over time in addition to being ready to enjoy now. :)