Christmas meltdown imminent

I'm really looking forward to Christmas. Mainly because of my four year old son. Kids really make it magic and something truly special. What I am not looking forward to however is the family brunch at my place. On my side is only my Mum, everything's sweet there. Yet my mother, brother and sister in law are all arguing with each other and my wife simultaneously. I fear it's a big melting pot that's ready to boil over Christmas morning, YIKES! Its going to be an interesting brunch. I've got a few cracker cigars ready to go for afterwards just in case......

Anyone else dreading the family get together this holiday season, or have horror stories from previous years?

same here. first christmas since my seperation. I have my son on christmas but since his birthday is on the 29th and I wont be with him that day I will be celbrating his birthday on christmas night with my family.

This will be my first Christmas since separated earlier this year. All the family is together at the famly home....including extended family.

You want to swap rotfl.gif

I think you win Pres, lol. Might stick with my lot, better the devil you know as they say. Although, I don't know if you've ever seen two angry Scottish women go head to head, it's terrifying, requires subtitles and is extremely high pitched to the point of ear bleeding.

Nevertheless, everyone is together and, good or bad, isn't that the point of it all

I'm really looking forward to Christmas. Mainly because of my four year old son. Kids really make it magic and something truly special. What I am not looking forward to however is the family brunch at my place. On my side is only my Mum, everything's sweet there. Yet my mother, brother and sister in law are all arguing with each other and my wife simultaneously. I fear it's a big melting pot that's ready to boil over Christmas morning, YIKES! Its going to be an interesting brunch. I've got a few cracker cigars ready to go for afterwards just in case......

Anyone else dreading the family get together this holiday season, or have horror stories from previous years?

This reminded me of one of the quotes from Fidel's CA interview...whenever he got down to his last cigar, he would save it for after hearing either really good , or really bad news. If it were good news, he would smoke it to celebrate. If it were bad news, he would smoke it to lift his spirits. Here's to hoping all of yours are smoked in celebration :).

Christmas is usually pretty quiet for me, I'll got to my sisters place for lunch and see her kids then be back home and enjoy a quiet drink and smoke. Looking forward to new years eve more then Christmas this year as I am flyng my 13 year old son down from Qld who I havnt seen for 12 months can't wait.