Just a little trick for tight cigars that works for me.

I have done this many times with good results for cigars a "tad" too tight. By the way I am a "Pitcher" not a worker....I don't tolerate tight or plugged cigars.

Cut a Partagas Serie D 5 and while not plugged it was "annoyingly" tight. Placed it in the fridge on the Czar Deck for 90 minutes while I thoroughly enjoyed a RA Celestiales Finos (how good are these currently!).

Anyway...back 90 minutes later and the D5 is perfect. Smoking great.

If you haven't done it before, try it. wink.png

Good to hear. I have a box of Punch Black Prince from 2000 that out of the 4 I have smoke 2 had very tight draws. Going to give this a try when I get home.

Rob, Min Ron Nee talked about this trick on ICC forum, in 2008 I think. I've tried it successfully on my last Upmann Grand Coronas that were very tight…

Apologies in that case to the good Dr. No offence intended. Tongue in cheek.

While I have you on the line, Rob, found this photo today...

Ayala.jpg

Cool REAL Champagne, in Paris.

We have a humidor full of Ayala champagne bottles, we also had a dozen Ayala champagne flutes but like any glassware around the office they have all been broken.

I'm surprised by this. I would have thought that a fridge would keep would have kept moisture in, as moisture evaporates in heat. I do know that cigars that totally dry out become very plugged. Anyway will try it out.

By the way Rob, what made you think of doing it in the first place?

By the way Rob, what made you think of doing it in the first place?

My friends, Johnny and Walker put the idea in my head late one afternoon. I should point out other ideas they have supplied have not been so fruitful lookaround.gif

Clarification pleaselooking.gif . Rob said fridge, but Rushman is wishing for a freezer. So which is it? Thanks.

I have used both. Depends how patient I am. Freezer for 30 minutes is fine.

Cigars are surprisingly tough and resilient little buggers.