Ramon Allones Gigantes OGA JUN 11

Ramon Allones Gigantes OGA JUN 11

When the BBF turned the corner last year I said nothing until I saw multiple shipments and sampled from each. Brilliant. And I am talking box codes from 2010 on.

The Ramon Allones Gigantes I am prepared to call now. Brilliant after a term in pergatory. I have been enjoying these for a few months, the fruitcake is back, the richness is back. I will post a sale on these tomorrow.

Sitting back now with a single malt and RAG. Brilliant spotlight.gif

What has been your experience in this period?

I'm down to my last few from a box I got in December of last year (OGA ABR 11). Like the BBF, I thought they were only so-so right out of the box, but with just a couple of months in the cabinet they turned into a completely different cigar - I get a lot of date or raisin and bread flavors from them and can easily smoke them to a wee little nub. They're the kind of cigar that once finished it almost makes me want to light up another one right away. I've got 6 or 7 left from that box as was beginning to get ansty about needing to get more. Looks like I won't need to wait much longer. :)

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

I received a RAG in a sampler pack sent a bit ago from Czar. This was the first RAG I've smoked. I'm not sure of the date code but it must be fairly recent.

The first 4 or 5 puffs after fire up were all peaches, wow. As it began to warm up for the first third it was all christmas cake, if I didn't know any better I was smoking a P2 or Lusi. The second and third part of the cigar thickened up medium / medium full and was warm rum raisin liquor & cinnamon bread. It has a few dull moments, but it always came back to life within a few draws. I'm sure these would smooth out a ton with some good age.

post-6952-0-35616100-1345686677.jpg

How is the draw on these? I hardly ever buy the larger size CCs these days because so many seem too tight to me. And, no, my humidor is not too damp. I've tested it and retested it, and I dry box all cigars for a few days before smoking, and don't usually have draw problems on the robustos, corona gordas, and coronas that I tend to stock up on. I had some great RAGs in the late 1990s but haven't had any since and would love to get more if they're smoking well, but the draw issues concern me.

How is the draw on these? I hardly ever buy the larger size CCs these days because so many seem too tight to me. And, no, my humidor is not too damp. I've tested it and retested it, and I dry box all cigars for a few days before smoking, and don't usually have draw problems on the robustos, corona gordas, and coronas that I tend to stock up on. I had some great RAGs in the late 1990s but haven't had any since and would love to get more if they're smoking well, but the draw issues concern me.

This one smoked very, very well. Not needing a touch-up during the entire smoke and the draw was fine. Not loose, not to tight. Course, it's nice when Rob hand picks them. The DC sampler pack was my first DC's and I've been impressed with the Lusi, RAG, SLR DC. Still have a Punch left, but they've all smoked well.

The draw on the box I have is perfectly fine. Gets a wee but easier to draw as it smokes down, of course, but not what I'd consider to be too tight or anything. Everyone has their own preferences, but I think they're fine in general.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.