Craiglist Add

At least whoever faked these put a little thought into them...not terrible compared to so many out there...

Taking pride in your work is important.

Trust me, this is pretty good compared to the crap you see here in Mexico.

Down here, all fakes are "Edicion Limitada", makes unsuspecting tourists feel they are getting the good stuff.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=20.631731,-87.070647

For the hell of it I decided to text the guy. He says he's got pics and a receipt of purchase from Cuba, and that he's also taken it to his local cigar shop and they verified the hologram seal. :rolleyes:

Vendido en Cuba... Spanish for "sucker"?

I emailed the guy this am for some more pics. I was hoping that he would send me a pic of the label code, but he did not. He assured me that they were real!!! I still think ??

For the hell of it I decided to text the guy. He says he's got pics and a receipt of purchase from Cuba, and that he's also taken it to his local cigar shop and they verified the hologram seal. :rolleyes:

Vendido en Cuba... Spanish for "sucker"?

I suppose most tourists buying cigars in Cuba know very little about cigars or new releases or packaging. Most individual sales are probably to people buying a few singles or a box or two for friends or sometimes to sell when they get home as is probably the case here. It explains why counterfeiters are still getting away with that "Vendido en Cuba" stamp.

You would think Habanos would come up with a little informational leaflet, handed out at the airpport, telling people where to buy cigars and what to look out for, eg. "Round 'Vendido En Cuba' stamp = Fake"

Then again it's possible Habanos doesn't want to, or cannot for whatever reason, admit how prevalent counterfeits are in Cuba.

I got him to send me some pics of the bar code...here is the code. Comes up as Monticristo on Habanos sa. Then the verify thingy quit working. Strange that label comes up as a box of Ccs. Crocked SA

00000 3419851

I e-mailed him and was nice. Told him they were fake and he said they sold for $375...

P.S. I suggested he at least donate the money to a battered women's shelter or some other charity, since he cheated a clueless person out of the $375 for fake illegal cigars.

Seller says he got them for free and sold them because he doesn't smoke. He says he didn't know they were fake. Could be all true.

This what most ads say online in Kijiji and C L. The first clue is when the labels are not stuck on and inside loose in the box. Caveat emptor.

Seller says he got them for free and sold them because he doesn't smoke. He says he didn't know they were fake. Could be all true.

Doubt it. He swore to me they were legit and that he had receipts from Cuba and that his local shop told him where to go in Cuba because the owner wanted him to pick up a box of Cohibas as well. I feel bad for the sucker who bought them. Caveat emptor.

I have e-mailed the seller back and forth ( he actually is e-mailing me from his personal e-mail now, hahahaha). I told him if it were me and I found out I sold someone fake cigars I would donate the money to a battered women's shelter. He says he feels like a jackrabbittsass about everything and is donating the $375 to his local animal shelter. He seems like he really didn't know what was going on and is going to do something good with the money. I hope he does.

I have e-mailed the seller back and forth ( he actually is e-mailing me from his personal e-mail now, hahahaha). I told him if it were me and I found out I sold someone fake cigars I would donate the money to a battered women's shelter. He says he feels like a jackrabbittsass about everything and is donating the $375 to his local animal shelter. He seems like he really didn't know what was going on and is going to do something good with the money. I hope he does.

Who knows, maybe the multiple people saying it was fake got him to realize "Wait, maybe I DO have fakes..." The person buying still got shafted though...

He should give the money back to whoever he sold them to. I told him they were fakes and he said he figured that out. Not sure if he realized that I put his add on the best cigar forum around?! I think having mutiple ppl telling him the cigars were fake made him realize. Probably not the first time he has done this to someone unknowingly. At least he knows the difference now! Glad other members followed up on this too! Great teamwork. Doesn't always turn out so great when you tell someone they got dupped.