Recent Acquisitions

Guest Robo

Woodford is a very good bourbon and used to be my choice with a cigar until I discovered the Glenmorangie extremely rare 18 year old scotch. Now this single malt is some of the best stuff I have ever had and is heaven with a good CC! Nice looking cigars BTW!

Some nice bottles of booze and boxes of cigars. I drink my fair share of single malts and bourbons...some might say, more than my fair share.

I tend to drink Highland/Speyside scotches more often, but will go with a peaty Islay from time to time. The Ardberg is definitely a peaty single-malt. Good, but I really need to be in the mood for it. For Islay scotches I tend to prefer the Laprohaig.

There are lots of great bourbons, and they tend to be much more affordable than single-malts. Woodford Reserve is a fantastic bourbon, if you come across it there is now a Woodford Reserve Double Oaked as well, which is exceptional. Buffalo Trace is probably your best bang for the buck bourbon out there. On the premium side, you'll find Pappy Van Winkle...those can meet and even exceed some high-end single malt prices, but well worth sampling if you can find it.

As for the cigars...excellent selections as well. I am a bigger fan of the HdM than the M5 though...

Enjoy...

Try Four Roses, it is a budget bourbon masterpiece.

I like bourbon with my cigars as well. I would recommend Elmer T Lee and Four Roses Single Barrel if you can find them.

four roses single barrel is currently available at the LCBO

I picked up the Four Roses Single Barrel today. :buddies:

Current zaya has too much vanilla for me and as for the medicinality bit of scotch well that's kind of the point of islays. My rotation is laph 10 cask strength, quarter cask, ardbeg oogie, talisker 10/18 and hp18. For rums I do el dorado 15 and zacapa xo.

I expect the peat/smoke/saltiness in an Islay; the 'medicinal' aspect, not as much. I would like to try some El Dorado 15, tough to get around here, and tough to find someone who will ship.

• 4 weeks later...

So, got some more recent acquisitions. Below is a box of Juan Lopez Selection No 1 and a loose Bolivar Distinguidos. I also picked up a 750mL bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel Bourbon. I got some recommendations for Bourbon from my earlier post and decided on the Four Roses, partly because of it's limited availability over here. Nobody told me it was 50% (100 proof). Clean and crisp and fine.

post-13510-0-90638600-1344629978.jpg

These HQ Selection No 1, box code BUR ABR 11, were won at the LFTH on July 11. I've already tried 2: one was plugged and had to toss it, the other was f'n amazing. What a contrast!

post-13510-0-54825700-1344630198.jpg

The Bolivar is a RE from China given to me from the fine folks at Czar for picking up the JLSN1. Below is a picture of both cigars side-by-side.

post-13510-0-85482900-1344630453.jpg

Four Roses is great as mentioned above. LCBO has carried Bookers, Basil Hayden and Buffalo Trace lately. They are also amazing bourbons as well.

The Boli Distinguidos :surprised: nice!

These HQ Selection No 1, box code BUR ABR 11, were won at the LFTH on July 11. I've already tried 2: one was plugged and had to toss it, the other was f'n amazing.

I've got a cab of the same code. Every one has been outstanding. I'm trying make them last but not having much success *drool*