The Partagas jar is finally home

The odyssey of the Partagas replica jar with my name on it has ended.

It was ordered last November, was supposed to be handed over during the Festival and finally ready for pick-up in April.

Finally it has arrived home and shares a privileged space with other jars in my office.

Reiner, a good friend, visited Cuba with his wife and I was able to talk him into picking it up for me - he didn't complain until after his return as he was afraid the jar would be shambles and pieces after the trip plus the flight and I would blame him ...

Pick up was in style, the terrace of the Nacional hotel, where else, and while the jar was empty of cigars, a couple of bundles of good custom rolled cigars served to pad the box and prevent any damage.

Nino

post-4742-0-94927100-1339330820.jpg

post-4742-0-38999800-1339330828.jpg

post-4742-0-48966500-1339330837.jpg

That's awesome Nino...Simply awesome. A great collector's piece.

Very nice Nino! That is a beautiful looking Jar. I've got a jar of the Juan Lopez Distinguidos on pre-order. Have you sampled this RE?

Very nice Nino! That is a beautiful looking Jar. I've got a jar of the Juan Lopez Distinguidos on pre-order. Have you sampled this RE?

No, I haven't yet, but depending on the price I'll have one reserved - looks good.

post-4742-0-61371100-1339595351.jpg

There are 2 ER's coming out in Jars in Germany, the 5-ta Avenida Bolivar and the JL you mention.

We'll see ......... there's still room on my shelves :-)

Maybe I should pick up a jar of the 5th avenue when I am in Germany in September. The 4 I've tried so far were boring, though...