San Cristobel La Punta

rcarlson

Just finished a San Cristobel La Punta (torpedoes. Since it was a gift, I don't know the year box code. But looking around it seems a most affordable smoke (approx. USD $200 -- 25 box).

It was delicious and well constructed. Although somewhat tight (but not too much so), it burned faster than I usually like (40-5o mins. relaxed effort). Wrapper was smooth, no veins, oily and attractive.

Rich tobacco with some leather and very light earth. Medium strength throughout. Picked up some steam after the half-way point with that unmistakable Cuban twang. I didn't get any of the "cream" or "vanilla" frequently used to describe the stick in many of the reviews. It was my first one though.

Not a bad little after-dinner smoke. I was surprised since I hadn't heard much chatter on this oft-overlooked brand.

Peace Out!

La Puntas are great!

They have a warm, rich, spiciness not found much elsewhere.

Not really a cheap and cheerful though....

Given the big price increases recently, what the hell "cheap and cheerful" anymore?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Have some '09 and some '03,both are extraordinary.The size is perfect,starts bold and slowly diminishes towards the end.Velvet smoke and perfect balance,deep flavors but smooth,smooth,smooth.

• 2 months later...