Any FOH'rs in Dubai or familiar with Dubai?

Hi there,

Was in Dubai three days ago. I shopped at the LCDH store in Emirates Towers which despite an unknowlegable dude behind the counter, had a fair amount of aged stock and wide variety.

The cigar bar at The Fairmont Hotel is also a good place for a smoke and have their own walk in humidor with over priced cigars for sale, but there is plenty of eye candy and the beer is cold!

Beer in Dubai?

Yes, beer...and anything else you might think of...

+1 for the LCDH at Jumeirah

The shop at the airport is good as well if you are just in transit or don't have the time to go in town

For general info, there are 4 LCDHs in Dubai; 2 in the city and 2 at the airport. (One of the LCDH at the airport is not called LCDH.)

Links with photos:

http://www.phoenicia.com.cy/2009/05/the-hottest-landing-at-terminal-3-at-dubai-duty-free-airport-is-now-a-fact-3/

http://www.phoenicia.com.cy/2008/05/grand-opening-of-la-casa-del-habanos-in-dubai-3/

Info on the LCDHs in the city:

UAE: Casa Del Habano Dubai

Address: The Walk, Jumeirah Beach Residence

Phone: 971 4 423 3666

Fax: 9714 396 9773

Email: [email protected]

Web: www.lacasadelhabano-mohebi.com

and

UAE: Casa Del Habano Dubai

Address: The Shopping Boulevard Emirates Towers. P.O.B. 267, Dubai - UAE

Phone: 971.4. 330 3308

Fax: 971.4. 396 9773

Email: [email protected]

Web: www.lacasadelhabano-mohebi.com

Hi there,

Was in Dubai three days ago. I shopped at the LCDH store in Emirates Towers which despite an unknowlegable dude behind the counter, had a fair amount of aged stock and wide variety.

The cigar bar at The Fairmont Hotel is also a good place for a smoke and have their own walk in humidor with over priced cigars for sale, but there is plenty of eye candy and the beer is cold!

The cigar lounge at the Emirates Towers is also very impressing as is their sky bar located on the top floor.

I have enjoyed the Fairmont lounge and the restaurant there, very relaxed.

Best place to buy is at the airport - either coming in ( large walk-in humidor past passport control left hand in the luggage collection area ( spirits, wine & beer as well :-) ) and great Casas at the departure terminals.

Prices & selection are fantastic.

The cigar lounge at the Emirates Towers is also very impressing as is their sky bar located on the top floor.

I have enjoyed the Fairmont lounge and the restaurant there, very relaxed.

Best place to buy is at the airport - either coming in ( large walk-in humidor past passport control left hand in the luggage collection area ( spirits, wine & beer as well :-) ) and great Casas at the departure terminals.

Prices & selection are fantastic.

I agree, Vu's Bar is one of the nicest place in Dubai to enjoy a cigar.

Most (if not all) the places where you can enjoy a cigar are at hotels (where lounges and bars are located). So if you don't know where to smoke, locate a hotel.

Bar 44, Diademas, Bar Below, etc are other very good choices. The LCDHs remain the most casual places to puff and relax.

Been to Dubai 2X, Agree with everything Nino said concerning the smoking.

It’s really an amazing place but overall not my cup of tea. Everything is manmade and feels synthetic if there is such a thing. Yes the hotels are incredibly fancy and plush, but aside from the basic Muslim practices and presence you see in any Arab country I feel the city has no soul, culture, or history. Just my opinion of course..

That being said, where else in the world can you Snow Ski in the middle of the desert??? Ski Dubai is simply mind boggling.. Amazing what money can buy these days.. Ski Dubai Link

I actually like Dubai a lot - maybe because it is a very convenient stop-over for trips to europe from Australia and the shopping is good and its clean and easy (with a young family).

Had terrible service at the LCDH at Emirates Tower so avoid that like the plague. They have no idea about stock and told me they didn't smoke - which is fine because I like rifling through boxes myself. BUT they forgot to pack the singles I had purchased (at least they packed the box). On return to my hotel (20min cab ride) I discovered this and called them - after an interesting discussion the resolution was that I had to go back the next day to pick them up. Which was annoying on a short holiday. Anyway can't get too upset - remember that the population of Dubai is basically 250k citizens and 2million guest workers - can't expect much in the customer service department.

Airport shops are actually pretty good - always great to while away many transit minutes searching for an elusive box - search hard and sometimes you find gold.

Didn't get to the Jumeirah LCDH - but from the reviews above that sounds like the place to go.

Dubai is something of a smokers paradise - certainly easier to find places to smoke there than anywhere else i have been and they are all receptive to cigars - although that may simply be my view coming from Australia where basically you can only smoke at home

Had terrible service at the LCDH at Emirates Towers

Yup, the guy manhandled what I was buying so much I had to go back into the humidor and swap out some of the sticks!

I visited Dubai once,a year ago ,personnaly i liked the place,i went to the LCDH,at THE Walk,i found it to be a good place to buy cigars well stocked.At that time you could smoke almost anywhere,but recently i heard on the news that Dubai will double the tax on Tobacco products,and they will introduce smoking restrictions.Maybe this will be a good time to buy. :(

Anybody know if the prices at LCDH in Jumeirah are the same as airport duty free? I have a friend visiting and have asked him to pick me up a couple of boxes from the airport. Seeing as he lives @ Jumeirah residence it may be better to pick up from there if they are no different price wise..I would guess they have a better selection too?

Anybody know if the prices at LCDH in Jumeirah are the same as airport duty free? I have a friend visiting and have asked him to pick me up a couple of boxes from the airport. Seeing as he lives @ Jumeirah residence it may be better to pick up from there if they are no different price wise..I would guess they have a better selection too?

I think there is a difference,may be 15-20% less at the Airport,but you can call LCDH at Dubai Duty free they will confirm the prices.Google LCDH in Dubai you will be able to get the Tel.#.

JBR LCDH sells at regular prices. Still cheaper than Europe and UK

Hi Brazoseagle,

I lived in Qatar for 8 1/2 years and visited Dubai a number of times, so I know it quite well. Everyone has heard about Dubai and all their 'worlds tallest, world biggest' attractions, so it's worthwhile to see. If you are visiting I would recommend a Desert 4WD safari and a trip to the gold souq at Deira. Both very unique.

I would not recommend buying cigars in Dubai. When living in Qatar, before joining FOH, I bought a number of boxes from Dubai Duty Free. Quality of Cohiba and other Cuban cigars was very inconsistent, so much so that I resorted to buying NC! Take a look around Dubai, but buy your cigars from Czars.

Dubai is also a cheap place to buy watches. To avoid being sold a fake, go to the shops at Dubai Mall. They've got all the big name brands.

For beers, I like the Dubai Irish Village near the tennis centre and in Dubai Airport (the old section of the terminal). There is an excellent and helpful wine French wines merchant in the new section of the terminal. Alcohol is very cheap, but there is a limit on what you can take into Dubai. If you like rum, look for a bottle (or two) of Zacapa XO in the Dubai Duty Fee: it's fantastic (I'm sure El Prez will 2nd that).

Hope this helps. Enjoy Dubai.

Cheers,

Mark

From my experience prices in Dubai city are comparable to central European prices while the airport Duty Free is ca. 40 % cheaper than Germany ( OK, lucky there's an extra 10% discount there for me presenting my airline ID :innocent: )

Always enjoyed buying at the DF and was happy with both selection and quality, even getting my hands on vintage stuff.

Had friends buying there recently in transit to BKK and they were quite staisfied.

Some pics of Dubai in 2004, the Casas, Hotels & the airport DF here:

http://www.flyingcigar.de/travel_cigars/2004_03_dubai.php

For sightseeing out of Dubai I'd recommend Al Ain or maybe Hatta Fort :

http://www.flyingcigar.de/flying_cigars/2008_02_happy_birthday_in_dubai.php

Used to have long layovers there and loved to hire a car and drive to places like Ras al Khaima, Khor Fakkan and the Strait of Hormuz, lunar landscape there and unspoiled beaches. Sharjah was nice then - I'd avoid it today, an eyesore.

But Dubai was a small place then and "ended" at the World Trade Centre before today's Emirates Towers.

Still exciting place and OK to visit if you know your way but too congested, crowded and ... yes, artificial.

For a holiday I'd prefer Oman.

Yes, I live in Dubai. Can't really add much to what Nino and others have posted. Prices at the aiport are much better, buy there.If you do go to the La Casa @ JBR, look for the slow seller, u can find some reasonable buys for singles.

Keith.

• 3 weeks later...

So just a quick update to this thread..i am stoked as my friend picked up my order from Dubai Airport, a box of HDM Ep2s and ERDM Choix Supreme. "So what" you might be saying, and i was a little unimpressed when he showed me the ERDM box as it was already opened. The manager of the store had apologised and said it was his last box and we could return them if i wasn't happy. However, they looked in perfect condition..

7194424214_ac1e48db55.jpg

and when i flipped the box over to check the code

7194424306_6bc21deffc.jpg

almost 8 years of age on them for no extra cost! Whoop!

:ok: