Humidor Mix - CC and NCs

I have 20 or so premium NC sticks (opus X, anejo shark, god of fire) sitting in the same humidor as my CC. All of the NCs are still in their cello and separated by a cedar separator.

Do you think this will have any long term effects on my Cubans? I plan on storing both the NC and CC for a least a few years.

What do you think? And how do you go about storing your sticks frm different countries?

Thanks in advance!

The only partial issue I would have is the tobacoo beetle potential of the NCs, as far as I know NC producers do not freeze their products to eliminate the bugs.

The few NC I have in my humidor are kept in a seperate sealed desktop humi.

I freeze everything incoming. The temps in my house easily reach the mid 70s during our hot season, so I freeze everything as a precaution.

As long as they are not flavored cigars you should be fine.

[/

Arturo Feunte anejo lines - the wrapper is aged n cognac barrels for several months. I have not had one yet, but I was told that they have a slight congac taste to them. It is not detectable by my nose through the cellophane.

The Anejo #77 Shark is one of the most sought after NCs. Does anyone else store these in the same humidor as their Cubans?

I have some NC's in boxes... Davidoffs in one and a few others in another box. I do not have any problems. I think if you have a bionic tongue that can taste the difference (not in the cigars, but in crossing flavors), then a tupperware in your coolidor would do the trick.

I allow a few high premium NC's in with my Habanas. But basically I keep the NC's & CC's separated into different humidors.

I agree as long as they are not flavored there should not be a very noticeable effect. Although I do have to say the OCD comes out in me and as I separate my CC and NC with at least with a divider for organizational purposes.

What happens when you get down to your last 2 or 3 in the box? You still leave the whole box in the humi? That would seem like a massive waste of space to me.

I keep NCs and CCs separated. I'm also a bit OCD iwth my sticks so everything is well organized in the singles drawer or desktops. Like cigars with like cigars. No Bolivars near my PLs for example...Just my craziness though.

*Really? Oh, okay. That's painstakingly thorough I guess. I used to buy by the box but only ended up giving about 80% of the contents away to friends and acquaintances. I have singles of Bolivars next to Por Larranagas; Saint Luis Rey RE next to my remaining Czar and Tampa specials; Jose`L. Piedras ontop of Partagas, Punch and Montecristos, et.al. These are all in my Daniel Marshall humidor, 150ct.

And so far, no disappointments.

I have 20 or so premium NC sticks (opus X, anejo shark, god of fire) sitting in the same humidor as my CC. All of the NCs are still in their cello and separated by a cedar separator.

Do you think this will have any long term effects on my Cubans? I plan on storing both the NC and CC for a least a few years.

What do you think? And how do you go about storing your sticks frm different countries?

Thanks in advance!

My guess:

if you store your cigars long term and keep buying, you will run out of space, get another humidor,

use one for each kind of cigars, problem solved.

It has happened to others, you know :whistle:

No real concern here, enjoy your cigars,

best, Alex

What happens when you get down to your last 2 or 3 in the box? You still leave the whole box in the humi? That would seem like a massive waste of space to me.

I keep NCs and CCs separated. I'm also a bit OCD iwth my sticks so everything is well organized in the singles drawer or desktops. Like cigars with like cigars. No Bolivars near my PLs for example...Just my craziness though.

I have a humidor built into the wall, about the size of a coke machine. (Talk about OCD!)I think this link will get you to a picture. http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=109201&st=40

Anyway, there is plenty of room.