2011 Romeo Short Churchill

i'm with elbubble on this one, I had a sep or oct 2010 box and it was a very nice cigar. i'm not big on the RyJ marca, but this is one of the few i'll actually smoke. LIke Elbubble said, dont let one ruin things for you...did you smoke it ROTT? maybe let the box rest 30 days and give it another try

I had one RyJ short churchill and really enjoyed it. Ordered 10 more. A nice different flavor from the Boli and Partagas I normally enjoy. Still like the bolivar and PSP2 better but it is a great cigar and quite reasonable in price.

I had a box of 10. Box code LOR. Date March 2011.

I have one left and I'm hoping it's a nice smoke in a year or two. The ones I smoked were OK at best. I like the RYJ line and I'm willing to give the short churchills another go, but I'd like an aged box or get a recent box and stash it away for awhile.

-Karl

I had a few at the back end of last year from 2011 and the majority were great, sweet wood and cherry. I picked up a 2010 box on them being better with a little bit more time but haven't had one from it yet.

I probably wouldn't have an R&Y apart from the short, wide churchills or the Caz. Maybe the churchill reserves this year will be nice :thumbsup:

I've had great ones, good ones, mediocre ones, and downright terrible ones. They have been all over the map for me but when I get a good or great one I just love them.

Same for me, but the only 2 terrible ones I've had were due to construction issues (one was plugged, one just wouldn't frackin' stay lit no matter what, and wasn't wet). But overall, the Short Churchill is the only R&J I've found that I care for other than the Mille Flurs for some reason.

But I just lit up my first Duke, and though I'm only in the first third, this is really good so far. Tame, but tasty and elegant. Reminds me more of an Upmann than an R&J, though.

Just looked back at my notes and I recently had one that I gave 90-92 pts wasn't amazing but was pretty dam good...as others say don't give up on it after one stick

The RyJ is a pretty diverse line...I started with CCs smoking RyJ Mille Fleurs, but have moved on. Honestly, there are only a few RyJs that I really like, and I've smoked most of them. Tops is the Wide Churchill, tough to beat. It's followed Closely by the Cazadore and finally the Cedros 2 and 3. The rest of them are either horrible or meh IMHO...