Finally finished my Walk in Humidor

I've carefully planned and designed this with the builder who built the humidor at the lcdh in Toronto.

All the walls are moisture and mold resistant. All lights electrical outlets are outdoor rated.

The cedar is not commercial panelling they are Spanish cedar planks purchased from a local wood supply store.

As for the ventilation system it's not tied into the homes system but it's own system for air circulation.

Thanks for the feedback"

Cool. Glad those things were looked into then. If you're happy, we're happy for you.

Cheers Eric. Sweet asthetic design aspects to it, too. Well done.

• 4 weeks later...

Superb job mate! Maybe its missing a Maple Leafs flag? Lmfao jokes jokes. Anyways I am planning to build my own walk in humidor/wine cellar. Did you use greenboard for its humidity resistant properties? What kind of insulation did you use; was it the pastic wrap (forgot what its called)? I bet you also used a special paint for the walls no? I have a bunch more questions but I will leave you with these for now broski. Great to see a fellow Torontonian build something like this! Awesome job!!

Great set up Eric.

I can tell you have put a lot of thought into it.

Being a tradesman myself, I can see this is a good job.

As with any project, you can make changes so it evolves as you use it.

How else would you know what you need till you've used it for a while?

Good for you mate.

Superb job mate! Maybe its missing a Maple Leafs flag? Lmfao jokes jokes. Anyways I am planning to build my own walk in humidor/wine cellar. Did you use greenboard for its humidity resistant properties? What kind of insulation did you use; was it the pastic wrap (forgot what its called)? I bet you also used a special paint for the walls no? I have a bunch more questions but I will leave you with these for now broski. Great to see a fellow Torontonian build something like this! Awesome job!!

Thank you! Lol that's coming next a big ol maple leaf!

Regarding construction... Yes I used green board for the walls. Insulation is your regular r-10 pink insulation. I didn't want to overkill it because the room was averaging 63-66 degrees year round without insulation. I also used a vapor barrier between the green board and studs. Paint was a no voc humidity resistant paint imported from the states. If you have any questions don't hesitant to ask!

Very nice ! But what I'd like to know is how you managed to sell the idea to your wife. Still working on convincing mine to let me build a smoke room/personal cigar lounge for the winter months...

Haha. She knows ive been dying to do this for years. Finally got a chance to build it.