Looking for "best value" C&C 45 min +

CptKloss

Tier 1 - meaning long filler/no previously machine-made, that last for 45 minutes plus...

Currently I just can't justify , for example, buying any of the RE/LE stuff, virtually all of them seem to be $9 per stick and more , much more.

So far PLPC is pretty much my cigar to go in this category, but would like to find other "sure bets" that would cost me $4-$6 per cigar... suggestions welcome :)

There's plenty of hand mades, converted from machine-made ... but i find them very much hit or miss... one from the same box can be quite satysfying, and next 3 total crap...

The PLPC is certainly deserving to be on that list. here are some others:

1. R&J Cazadores

2. all the 02 LGC's if you can find them

3. Upmann Connie 1's

4. PL Panatelas

5. Bolivar PC's

6. RASS

7. Partagas Shorts

I'm sure there are plenty more but I'm not looking at any lists. I find all of these above to really deliver on value.

For $4 - $6/stick there are a LOT of Marevas or Minutos but also some other sticks. Listing my favorites: ERDM PC, RASCC, PLPC, BPC, Monte #4, PL Montecarlos, RG Panetelas (not the Extra), ...

You might be well served with the Czar PC Splits sampler to try and find what you like.

• 3 weeks later...

Hoyo Palmas Extras are excellent C&C's.

Dead right, the best value C and C I know of.

I wouldn't really describe the cigars mentioned on this thread as being C and C really.

Trinidad, Monte, C and C????

Some really great C and Cs are- hoyo palmas extra, partgas millefleur,aristocrats, R and J belvederes, PL montecarlos, one of the best is a short filler, Gonzales panatellas extra.

Some of these out perform more expensive smokes, ie I bought a box of JL petit coronas, which were really dull, and twice the price of Hoyo Palmas, which are simple but good cigars.

I guess what I do is buy some C and C to go through, and buy the odd box of better quality, smoking some and aging some.

No bankers wages here....!

My top 4 of the ~4.3" x 42 size (roughly 45-60 minutes for me)....

1) RASCC

2) El Prince

3) BCJ

4) Party Short

The Trini Reyes would make the list, but the price is a bit up there. The RASCC is my clear #1. Known to be great right off the truck, and I can say the same about my current MAR 11 box.

Jose`L. Piedras are very pleasant and hefty tasting Habano tobacco if you'd like something really, really affordable.