Partagas Edicion Limitada Piramide 2000

I have the opportunity to buy 10 of these marcas for 30chf per at one of my Vendors in Suisse.

I have read Rob's review from 2007 which gave quite the endorsement of this particular EL.

Looking for an updated opinion as I will be back in Suisse next week on business and I am leaning towards pulling the trigger.

Thanks in advance for any input.

This is a reputable BM Store and not an Internet vendor, but thanks for the heads up.

I'm not referring to internet vendors. A few years ago there was a rash of top notch Swiss B+M's that were found to be selling fake Partagas 00' EL's. I would be highly suspect of any Swiss vendor selling these. Check out this link to a previous discussion on the subject: http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/inde...amp;hl=partagas

This is a reputable BM Store and not an Internet vendor, but thanks for the heads up.

To expand on the thread already linked, I was in Geneva in October 2008. In one shop there were about 10-15 boxes of these piled up in the humidor. Box code POS Jun 2000.

POS wasn't used in 2000 as already said and the earliest boxes were from October of that year. The cigars themselves had an odd, almost purple tinge to the wrapper. The distributer was Sauberli, not Intertabac.

Try to get a look at the box code, if they are POS Jun 00, stear clear. At the time, this shop, a very well known name in the world of cigars, was looking for 1000chf a box. The shop name is now used on a line of Dominican cigars. These were also for sale in another shop in Geneva, the name of which sounds the same as mine.

If you can't see the box, the Limitada band on the cigars should not have embossed lettering. I would normally never advise using the look of a band to determine authenticity, as Prez has said there are many inconsistencies. However, embossed Limitada bands only came later. Packaging details, should as this, which only came in long after these cigars supposedly left the factory are a fairly clear indicator of fakes.

I'd like to hear how you get on.

*....Even though they weren't EL's, maybe THAT was what was wrong with my Partagas Pyramides (even in the Tubos). They were the emptiest, most devoid of flavor habanos I'd had since these Fonseca Cosacos I'd ordered... :2thumbs:

Thanks to everyone for their input. This what makes FOH such a wonderful community...

I will take the plunge and smoke 1 stick to see how it goes. If it is a dogrocket, I will obviously pass.

I will update this thread upon my return from Suisse.

Thanks to everyone for their input. This what makes FOH such a wonderful community...

I will take the plunge and smoke 1 stick to see how it goes. If it is a dogrocket, I will obviously pass.

I will update this thread upon my return from Suisse.

As Ryan said....check the Box Code ;)

Then VP Commercial Habanos...one Manuel Garcia took control of the investigation of the fake Partagas Piramides.

Nothing was ever heard of it again.

We miss Manuel :wink2:

ive got a box which ive sampled 2 from and to be honest, I've wasn't blown away. I prefer the 04 D1's to them. They are however very unique and I plan on sampling a few this winter.

In the heady days of EL's being a new and wonderful idea, I pursued them and I bought these. It was easier then. There were fewer of them and knowing a variety of vendors world wide helped. So did the reasonable release prices. I think these set the stage for EL products at least for me. While it took more than one excursion into the fray for me to learn, I found these, typical to EL's, rushed into the ready made boxes, popular and inconsistent. Mixed reviews ensued.

These helped progress the learning curves of the EL buyers. Suddenly, you did not get the best EL's unless you got the first release!!! Everything about these products, the rush to get them out, the rush to get them first and to get the first rolled, coincides with the rush to waste your money!!!

I hope you enjoy your sticks and apologize for being the annoying fly that keeps sticking in your sunscreen, but there are better cigars to be had for better prices... rolled a year or two ago! The fact that you may have to contend with the possibility that they may be knock-off just makes the process smell even worse! With any luck, you will likely get better cigars than were originally released. I hope so.

-Piggy

First class write up from you, Ryan! I saw boxes of these in Geneva as well with the POS code a couple of years ago. Saw one in Spain last year. It didn't need the beetle holes to make me stay away...

What Ryan said. It's a cigar that I like a lot, but you've got to be very careful - lots of fakes out there. I've got two left in my humidor, wish it were a lot more. Actually scratch that, I brought one on holiday with me to Marrakesh - I think I'll be lighting that before I get home!