PL Montecarlos

ksblazer

For Cheap & Chearful I've been enjoying the Partagas CE's and the H.Upmann Regalias but would like to add another in my C&C rotation.

What do you guys think about the recent PL Montecarlos? :thumbsup: or :)

Thanks to those that reply and I look forward to your responses :)

• 2 weeks later...

I had one a few weeks ago now it wasn't all that bad it had an EXTREMELY tight draw until I decided to cut about a half inch off of my original cut after that it wasn't bad in terms of flavors it could have been better but for the price it was a decent smoke

hope this helps

Nick

07's and 08's are great. I haven't cracked my 09's yet. Excellent smoke!

Are they long filler? Totalamente a mano? I've seen some conflicting information.

I had never gotten them before. So I got a box. I am maybe a little more than half way through it. I have enjoyed them a lot.

I think I might have had one that I had problems with and pitched. The rest have all been very enjoyable.

I just got another box. :D

I have a box from March 2010 and they look and smell good but I just haven't had the heart to smoke one yet - they seem so young and innocent still :wub:

I wanted to wait until they are a year old but I don't think I can.

• Like 1

They are a great smoke. I have yet to get bad one and I am almost done with box #2. both boxes are URG MAY 10 (think it's URG). Thet are helping me get my daily Cuban fix.

• 1 month later...

I split a couple of EMA NOV 08 boxes with the fellas recently and the results were unanimous: they did not impress. I have 4 left that I'm afraid to try. Obviously I will try another Montecarlo eventually, but Round 1 left much to be desired.

I have a box from '10 that has been really enjoyable. They're sweet and mild and a great daily smoke. Good construction for such a thin cigar as well. Still contemplating whether I should just burn through the box or save half of it to age for a while.

• 2 months later...

Tried a few, 07, 08, all very good -

however the one that impressed me most was an early 2010 (Feb. or March):

the sweetest Quality, on par with a good Rey del Mundo Demi Tasse. :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Love these... they can use a few months to take off the edge but they're fantastic after that. Sweet, rich, and flavourful. I think I really like the narrow gauge but you need to be careful not to draw too strongly all at once or they can heat up (same with all panatelas).

I have enjoyed most of a box over the last year whenever I had a few minutes to spare and wanted a good experience. Great on the stoop after work, while gardening and working in the garage.

Been rapidly smoking through my box mentioned somewhere above and they are great. They can definitely hold a candle to many sticks that I would not call C&C. :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update: I have tried another 2 Montecarlos since my last post on this thread. They seem to get a little better each time, but there are many other sticks I will reach for before I buy another box of these.

I am glad to see most of you been enjoying yours more than I have mine.