the tennis

went to the nadal ferrer game last night. very sad to see nadal hobbled but they both still played some great tennis. but nadal's press conference after it must rank as one of the most gracious, humbling imaginable. for a kid of about 24, what a mature, dignified, decent performance. if i ran a football team, i'd make every one of them sit and watch it over and over again till they realised that it is possible to be a sportsman and a role model and not be a braindead moron. and i think you could say federer is no different.

almost brought me to tears.

and on a lighter note re the tennis, just saw the post game interview with the chinese girl through to the final. and forgive the paraphrasing...

"so what held you back in the first set?"

my husband snore all night and i could not sleep. (husband in stands hiding in shame).

"so what was it that kept you going?"

prize money.

"and of course, today is a special day for you, not just for winning the game, but because it is your fifth wedding anniversary."

is it? (looks at husband and shrugs - i thought she was channelling rob).

there was mixed doubles?

:lol:

Ridiculous that we didn't get a women's singles QF beforehand. Instead, the day session had two women's and a men's QF. At $130 a pop, can't say it was good value. That said, had Rafa been fit it would've been worth every cent.

:lol:

Ridiculous that we didn't get a women's singles QF beforehand. Instead, the day session had two women's and a men's QF. At $130 a pop, can't say it was good value. That said, had Rafa been fit it would've been worth every cent.

have to confess mine was "work". brilliant seats. front row, dead centre behind the servers. literally next to the tv camera.

and best of all, free beer.

Nadal is a class act. His play is so physical that he will be prone to more injuries as he gets older.

Federer still the man, but his rival Nadal does get the better of him.

It comes into question lately who will be the greatest, Nadal or Federer?

Sorry to hear your country woman Stosur bowed out so early in the tourney.