New Years Resolutions Update

So if you made one.....what was your New Years resoultion and are you still going strong? :yes:

Mine

1. Don't drink alone.

So far so good although I am finding myself visiting mates a hell of a lot more.

2. Call my parents twice a week.

The first call went for 3 hrs with my mother. Holding on just but secretly hoping I get the answering machine occasionally.

3. Get the kids to the beach every two Sundays a month for a surf

First one was a disaster whendumped on the longboard and seeing ouble for days. Since then the water has come to us .....so I have counted it as done.

4. Get down to 88 Kilos (again).

Exercising 30 minutes a day, carb free. So far so good. It is possible my watch runs 15 minutes fast an hour.

Less Starbucks. I was likely spending a box of MC#2's per month on Starbucks. As a photographer I have weird hours and drink a lot of coffee. Add to that the fact that there's a damn Starbucks shop walking distance to my studio AND my house and its a recipe for death by $2 coffees. Anyhow, I bought a $20 coffee press and much prefer the taste. So far so good. Have been to Starbucks once in January so far.

Man, I wish - 88 kilos / 200 lbs? I was *once* at 196 lbs or so years back when I first started working out and such, and everyone told me that I looked anorexic. You could see my ribs and everything. At 6'1", even while that isn't excessively tall, my bone structure is just mammoth and getting under 220-230 is just almost out of reach, even when I'm in absolutely peak shape.

I'll be jealous of you and your waifish/girlish figure, Rob. ;):P

Learn Mandarin and become debt free, except for my Condo mortgage

They were my last years resolutions ;) Mandarin is still ongoing but I managed to clear my last remaining 2 mortgages last year. Surprisingly though it doesn't feel as good to be debt free as I first thought it would be... maybe it just hasn't sunk in yet :P

I usually don't make new year's resolutions, but have this year. I'm going to try and find a new job / line of work.

And this is also my resolution for this year ;)

Soooo bored of the day job that it is time for a change, but got no idea what to do.. :P Contract is up in September so have a few months to mull it over... gonna be a lot of time spent smoking churchills and double coronas contemplating the meaning of my life this year I expect...

They were my last years resolutions ;) Mandarin is still ongoing but I managed to clear my last remaining 2 mortgages last year. Surprisingly though it doesn't feel as good to be debt free as I first thought it would be... maybe it just hasn't sunk in yet :P

Congrats! I hope you are building quite the reserve cigar stash with the recent stellar years of high qualilty production we have had!

Going ok so far...

I set a goal / personal challenge of seeing whether I could go to the gym every single day in January (except for Jan 1st)...

Been every day so far - and worked my butt off I might add.

Going ok so far...

I set a goal / personal challenge of seeing whether I could go to the gym every single day in January (except for Jan 1st)...

Been every day so far - and worked my butt off I might add.

That's impressive Rob! I am a 2-3 a week guy. I also have gym goals. 160kg squat, 220kg deadlift, 120kg bench.

Career wise I want to finish my law degree. I also wish to get some degree related work experience and be able to leave my part time bottle shop job. PM me if you have anything for me (shameless plug :-p )