Looking for a good non torch lighter. Any Suggestiosn?

I like old style flint lighters as well for indoor smoking. I go vintage though. I would suggest going to eBay and checking out the old Ronson Varaflame Adonis or Premiere lighters from the 50s and 60s. They are great lighters. I own about a dozen of them in different styles.

I have an IM Corona cigar lighter...dual flame and uses flints. Goes for about $100. Nice weight and sounds good when closed. Pretty fond of it.

Good luck on you search.

Mike.

Just recently got a XiKar EX, which has a windproof soft flame. It is my absolute favorite lighter I have ever used (other than MAYBE a ST Dupont Ligne 2, but that is about $1,000 outside my budget lol). It really does stay lit in wind, but is a soft flame. Very nice. Not to mention the XiKar warranty, and quality.

*A lifetime warranty Colibri lighter :cigar:

Almost always use matches,but was looking for a nice NON torch flint lighter. kinda want an old school one..

Chris

Chris,

It's the same for me, I don't go for the torch lighters because I find that the flame is too brutal.

I enjoy lighting up a cigar with a little bit of ceremony without rushing it, lighting up the cigar nice and slowly,

taking the time to see if it's well lite by blowing on the foot and relighting if necessary is relaxing for me .

That's why a soft flame is perfect . I have a S.T. Dupont which does a great job and has NEVER

let me down. I bought my lighter in 1970, It has fallen quite a few times and has never missed a light.

I've only had it checked once by S.T. Dupont in Paris ( that's when I learned, thanks to the serial No., that it was made in 1969 )

and that has been it since.

It has a few hits on it but I find that the wrinkles and bruises gives this lighter a " I have well lived and aged " look to it.

The last thing is also it's unique and characteristic " Kling" when you flip the top open, no other brand has come close to imitating

that sound.

Here are a few pics. of my old but still great working S.T. Dupont. :cigar:

post-3705-1294510014.jpg

post-3705-1294510080.jpg

post-3705-1294510175.jpg

post-3705-1294510243.jpg