Desert Rains...

It never cease to amaze me when this happens. About every 4 or 5 years we end up with way more rain than we can physically handle. We live in a HUGE sandbox and there's really no vegetation to absorb large amounts of H2O. Right now, So Cal is getting slammed with rain and the large mountain range we have separating us from Orange County is not holding back the weather.

We've had about 3 straight days of 2-4 inches of rainfaul and you can see the by product in the photos below. The funniest part about this is we have tons (approx. 150) of golf courses peppered throughout our valley and a lot of them run a large portion of their course thru a wash. The photos and video I've attached shows one of these golf courses that I pass every day on the way to my office. Where you currently see water approx. 6 feet deep water used to be a couple golf fairways.

The paper will eventually have a story about how these rains have caused millions and millions in damage for the local golf industry. You'd think that as new courses get added, they would maybe do a bit of historical research before say building a large portion of a golf course in a wash but alas, they do not.

How does that saying go? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me… ;)

Wash.MOV

post-6454-1293039738.jpeg

post-6454-1293039751.jpeg

post-6454-1293039756.jpeg

post-6454-1293039745.jpeg

Theres a little park lake next to the hospital I work in, and every time it pours here, the water comes over the 50ft bank, across the street, and up to the side of the building. My city isnt equipped for torrential rain either.