Cohiba Reserva Seleccion

I haven't had any personally, but pretty much every review I have seen on these is that they are not worth the tag. It makes sense as they either made a billion of them or they suck, cause you don't see any other vintage cohibas banging around at or below retail.

Anyone have one of these? Just curious about this box of 30. They seem quite available still but rarely hear anything about it. I would like to hear others opinions on this 2003 release...Some pics too would be great...

Pic's here: http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.asp...ecci|on_Reserva

I was gifted one a few weeks ago and was very unimpressed overall, especially for a Cohiba "LE".

I see many divided opinions on these sticks. This tread should prove interesting.

I also see a ton of these still available.

I figured there were some issues with them. i've seen the boxes avail for around the $500-$600 range. The presentation is nice and the cigars are aged....You would think they would get picked up in fast, but that doesnt seem to be the case...

I usually take a box with me when I head away on travel. I like the variety of cigars.

I sound like a broken record. A great box is a fantastic experience. An average box a so so experience. No doubt overproduced but there are some gems amongst them.

*No, haven't had any - don't have a bazillion dollars to spare (as that was the going price for them when they first came out). But I do want to thank you all who have tried them for making me feel better - as the prognosis about them was not that good.

I was gifted one last year and I would have to say it was great. :2thumbs:

Great opportunity to sample a variety of cohibas.

The pyramids blew me away and I quicky sourced more.

Spose like anything by Habanos they can be hit and miss maybe.

No pics soz as the box is empty :D

Sharks

I usually take a box with me when I head away on travel. I like the variety of cigars.

I sound like a broken record. A great box is a fantastic experience. An average box a so so experience. No doubt overproduced but there are some gems amongst them.

I think this sums them up pretty well as I see it. I would not buy these again! I still have some stashed somewhere and since I don't believe in the tooth fairy, or that bad (mediocre) cigars get better, they will likely 'rest' for a long time... I think the Medias Coronas are the best in the box. I just opened a box of Bolivar Coronas that put these cigars to shame. -Piggy