very bad day!

Just got back from the emergency room. My 12 year old decided to go for a ride on his brand new bicycle and I got the dreaded phone call from him. (Crying)"Dad I need you to pick me up.....I think I just broke my leg. Well, I knew he was serious because I've never heard him cry before. He's broken both wrists before and was hit in the face with a pitch in a baseball game that nocked a tooth out before and never a whimper. I picked him up, dumped the bike off at the house and whisked him away to the ER.

Sure enough he broke his leg in two places! Mom is away on a girls ski trip and I will not tell her (don't want to ruin her holiday.)

Anyway, he's asleep now thanks to the drugs and I'm really eyeballing that RYJ wide Churchill in the humi....whats a man to do??? :2thumbs:

Just got back from the emergency room. My 12 year old decided to go for a ride on his brand new bicycle and I got the dreaded phone call from him. (Crying)"Dad I need you to pick me up.....I think I just broke my leg. Well, I knew he was serious because I've never heard him cry before. He's broken both wrists before and was hit in the face with a pitch in a baseball game that nocked a tooth out before and never a whimper. I picked him up, dumped the bike off at the house and whisked him away to the ER.

Sure enough he broke his leg in two places! Mom is away on a girls ski trip and I will not tell her (don't want to ruin her holiday.)

Anyway, he's asleep now thanks to the drugs and I'm really eyeballing that RYJ wide Churchill in the humi....whats a man to do??? :2thumbs:

Hope the young fella heals quickly. Have that cigar!!

Re the missus: this is dangerous territory. Do you tell her, ruin her holiday. Or not tell her, and risk the "Why the hell didnt you tell me!!!" ;)

You selfish bastard. Give the boy your RYJ Wide Churhill. ;)

*Well that's the beauty of being young - you heal quick ;):2thumbs: Uhm - it'll have to be left up to you - as far as informing the Mrs. about what's happened to her baby - d'ya think SHE has access to this forum on a computer where she is?? :huh:

Yes It will be my fault..After all I did buy him the bike! and yes I'll be the bad guy for not telling the wife! Can't win for losing :2thumbs: Apearantly he's on a quest to break all of his limbs, Both wrists and now the leg all by the age of 12.

Hate to say it but I'm getting used to it....now back to that wide Churchill, Good thing I have good insurance! ;)

Sounds like a real trooper :2thumbs:

Pres is right though! You know your in the **** if you do tell the mrs and even more if you dont. ;)

Sharks

Wow! That's a tough boy you have there...sounds like you raised him right and showed him a few John Wayne movies!

The boy broke his leg...not you. That's what boys do when they grow up. If you keep them safe all the time they don't grow up to be men...too much mothering and they stay boys. Looks like you and your boy understand this...hopefully you can convince your wife. Damn you have a tough boy! You're doing something right.

Hope your son heals fully and quickly...and good luck to you.

I feel you man my son has been to the emergency room twice , both being hit in the eye once by a football, other by baseball. Couldn't stand to see him like that. Lucky for me it didn't happen on my watch. Yeah relax and smoke that cigar.

Yeah he is tough, in fact I'd never seen him cry before! Two broken wrists and got hit in the face while at bat which knocked a tooth out and the umpire said he turned around and spit his tooth out and then proceeded to run to first! The Ump and coaches were amazed.

I knew though that this was bad, He was crying and when I got there his leg was all bent out of shape. Broke my heart but he'll be fine,I just don't want to tell him how painful it's going to be when the doc sets it tomorrow

Glad it seems that your son will be OK.

As to your wife: If you tell her, it will ruin her trip. She will be upset and anxious until she gets home. If you don't tell her, you will be in trouble. But, if you only tell her in passing that he "fell off his bike", then you will be in Deep ****. better to lie and say nothing than to make up a false or incomplete story. So, here is the deal: Either don't say a thing or tell her upfront. Now, If I recall correctly, she is out of town with her sister (?)- don't you think one of them will hear everything and unknowingly "rat you out"?

rfenst, she's actually out there with a couple girlfriends. Problem is, most of her friends husbands and kids know about it now. They've all been told to keep it on the down low. :clap:

If it doesn't get back to her by the time she gets home tomorrow, I'll be amazed! ;)

Honesty is the best policy...regardless of the consequences in this case. Sometimes you just have to man up. As a parent no ski trip no matter how great would be more important than the welfare of my kids, even if my wife were with them. Let her know. Take the heat. Smoke the cigar...

Kids will be kids though and your wife should understand. My brother and I were always doing crazy stuff. I've broken both legs, both arms on more than one occassion. I actually broke one arm while hithcing a ride on the back of a truck on my skateboard, then broke the other one doing the same thing a week later. Dislocated an elbow and a shoulder. Broken ankle, broken fingers, a wrist. Broken collar bone, ribs, nose...and the list goes on. Don't even get me started on the back. Boys will be boys and some girls will be boys too.

rfenst, she's actually out there with a couple girlfriends. Problem is, most of her friends husbands and kids know about it now. They've all been told to keep it on the down low. :clap:

If it doesn't get back to her by the time she gets home tomorrow, I'll be amazed! ;)

You are in so deep you need to get out NOW! Do you really think she won't find out? Tell her now or you will have two broblems:

1. The broken lega; and

2. Your marriage.

Honesty is the best policy...regardless of the consequences in this case. Sometimes you just have to man up. As a parent no ski trip no matter how great would be more important than the welfare of my kids, even if my wife were with them. Let her know. Take the heat. Smoke the cigar...

Kids will be kids though and your wife should understand. My brother and I were always doing crazy stuff. I've broken both legs, both arms on more than one occassion. I actually broke one arm while hithcing a ride on the back of a truck on my skateboard, then broke the other one doing the same thing a week later. Dislocated an elbow and a shoulder. Broken ankle, broken fingers, a wrist. Broken collar bone, ribs, nose...and the list goes on. Don't even get me started on the back. Boys will be boys and some girls will be boys too.

*WOW!! ;) ...Makes my bicycle flip over with butt & back wheels in the air and landing back down in perfect 180 degree position, fractured foot, partially amputated finger, and stitches in my head from ramming into a hot radiator look like small potatoes...and 98% of that I did to myself in adulthood! :clap: