Warning labels in America

I read the headline, but not the article - definite or up for consideration?

Looking pretty certain if the FDA has it's way. The cigarette manufactors have filed suit, but I don't see them having a leg to stand on. The photos will be the equivalent of what is seen on the Australian cigar boxes.

Woohoo! FDA trading cards!! :huh: This is gonna be better than Pokemon! Gotta get 'em all!! :D

I just hope they don't come with the crappy chewing gum that my rugby or cricket trading cards came with. Those sticks could cut your gums up mighty fierce... :no:

*Yeah, I saw the pic of the guy dying of cancer on one of the new cigarette boxes on "The View." It was being debated/disputed about whatever agency within the cigarette company is fawning "concern for citizens" or something to that effect. It was then suggested that if they really want to prove "citizen concern" they'd stop selling them. I've perused the situations of persons worldwide who've been avid cigarette smokers, as well as pipe smokers, and us (with our beloved) cigar smokers. It would SEEM the only real complaint, if not charges, that can be brought against the CURRENT cigarette industry is the deliberate infusion of highly addictive and dangerous chemical additives to increase sales. The cigarettes & so on that have just NATURAL Virginia burley and Turkish latakia tobaccos can't be faulted for producing smokers' desired end. I've "played" with cigarettes and that is too rough and harsh a tobacco for ME to handle. For those other poor, yet tough, persons that can handle 'em - he-e-e-y ;)

Here's the link to the PDF slideshow of all the proposed labels on the FDA webpage. It may take your webbrowser a bit to load it, as the full thing (72 pages/slides, or something like that) is around 10 MB or so...

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/TobaccoProduc...s/UCM232425.pdf

Crock of crap. This won't help anything or anyone. U.S. advertising for cigarettes being what it is, this is crap. Just the government's way of saying it's wrong, while discreetly raking in billions of dollars of taxes on tobacco products (same idea here in Canada, but advertising isn't allowed anymore). The hypocracy is pathetic.

Next thing you know, you won't be able to buy your child a happy meal with a toy inside.

Oh...... never mind.

Are there no more happy meal toys?!?

I saw the article, I figured it was only a matter of time. The FDA does not need to have its cancerous grasp on tobacco!