New Kid on the Block

docbp87

Hello all!

My name is Burton, and I am a kid from Virginia in the USA. I have been smoking cigars for only about 9 months regularly now, and have only just dipped my big toe in the Habanos pool... and want to dive in head first. I first came upon this site when someone posted a link to the video reviews on Youtube that Rob and Ken et al, on another forum, and found them to be just the right mixture of informative and entertaining. Looking forward to learning everything I can from you folks about the world of Cuban cigars. This forum, at first glance, seems to hold a wealth of knowledge. A bit about myself, I'm 22 years old, and work in pharmacy. I love medicine in general, and spend 99% of my time either working with drugs, or reading about them. Most of the time I spend reading about them, I have a cigar, or a glass of whisky, or both in hand. Medicine be damned, cigars and spirits are GOOD for you! Ha! I also have a fairly amateurish blog where I post my notes on most every cigar I smoke (almost entirely Non-Cuban at the time being...) for any and all to read.

Anyway, thanks for being here. I look forward to spending some time here!

Hi Burton, Great to have you aboard. Plenty of great people & tons of really good info to help you along. Hopefully you'll be able to balance up your blog with more Cuban reviews! Cheers. :lol:

That's definitely part of the idea! And what with all of the non-sense about reliable vendors (which can be quite daunting to a newbie like me), having found a shop that seems to be so well loved and trusted, and has wonderful prices to-boot... well I think I've fallen into a tub of butter. :peace:

welcome and enjoy.

where in virginia? i used to live in arlington. vacation lane!

Richmond, in the Fan district, with the college kids and punk rockers. Always a party... Could never afford to live in Arlington with the politicos.

• 2 weeks later...