I am famous

They have just named a Hurricane after me - Huricane Lisa .... I want to thank my family, Rob and everyone at Czar and of course my boys on the forum :D

Hopefully I don't pack a punch and hurt anyone :o

Now, now Lisa. We all know how famous you are, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. You're not a hurricane, you're just a tropical storm.

post-1537-1285224562.jpg

You're our little tornado. Until recently hurricanes always had female names. I wonder why that was?

For every year, there is a pre-approved list of names for tropical storms and hurricanes. These lists have been generated by the National Hurricane Center since 1953. At first, the lists consisted of only female names; however, since 1979, the lists alternate between male and female.

Hurricanes are named alphabetically from the list in chronological order. Thus the first tropical storm or hurricane of the year has a name that begins with "A" and the second is given the name that begins with "B." The lists contain names that begin from A to W, but exclude names that begin with a "Q" or "U."

There are six lists that continue to rotate. The lists only change when there is a hurricane that is so devastating, the name is retired and another name replaces it. In 2005, the list of 21 hurricane names was exhausted so the Greek alphabet was utilized for the 22nd-27th

storms of the season.

List of pre-approved names: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutnames.shtml

WHAT THE HELL, LISA!!!!

YOU'VE GOT YOUR SIGHTS SET ON CANADA OR SOMETHING?!!!?!??!?!?!? ;)

LOL. Well done - if you can't get a street named after yourself, the next best thing is a disasterous event! :cigar:

But, Lisa my dear - you do realize that you've potentially opened up the floodgates for some of the boys on here; quips about huffing and puffing, certain attributes of storms, etc. :D

...But, Lisa my dear - you do realize that you've potentially opened up the floodgates for some of the boys on here; quips about huffing and puffing, certain attributes of storms, etc. :D
Lisa

You are a breath of fresh air whatever the intensity ;)

Oooooooh!!!! That just may be game point to Oz, before things even start! Well played, dear sir - touche! :cigar: