Freestyle review - Vegas Robaina Unicos

Cigar Vegas Robaina Unico

Box Code MOA Feb 09 (HQ)

Appearance Medium chocolate in color (colorado claro??), oily foot, noticable veins under band

Construction A slightly springy feeling yet solid

Setting Sunny day in Ohio. Very slight breeze. About 80 degrees.

Pre light draw Open. not too open but what I consider to be perfect

1st third Expresso dominates the initial taste. Tangy manure bouquet. Settles down to a predominate Mocha taste at the 1 inch mark. Slightly less than medium. Black/grey zebra ash. Toasted mocha. Developes an odd runner which boogered the burn.

1.jpg5.jpg

Second Third Backs off a bit and is much less than medium. The expresso taste that dominated the first third drops off to milk chocolate and despite this mild taste it has a strong, tangy manure nose. The ash is very flakey and drops after 1.5 inches. This third is

very 1 dimensional. Ever so slight hints of toffee.

7.jpg

Final Third This old girl wakes up and pushes her way past medium in body. Much like the first third. Toasted Expresso with a mocha undertone. I force myself to slow down as the burn is getting hot. Her youthfullness is showing with a strong tobacco taste and nose. Mental note. Force myself to let these sit for a couple of years.

8.jpg

Rating Hard to judge. 1st third would have been a 90-91. Second third an 87-88. Final third 88-89 with legs. Was like having 2 cigars in 1.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes. I know where these beauties end up. I would back the truck up for HQ/PSP.

I have a box from 07 that I remember Rob pulling aside for me before HQ/PSP and he told me I would love em'. What a great box of cigars!

Great Review TIM they are in deed a very special cigar for me a Revelation :P

Good luck

OZ ;)

Great review!

Reviews like this will help me branch out and try new things other than the standard partagas, monti's, etc...

Doc

Smoking one of these right now (08 box, but cannot remember specific code). Have always gotten a bit of salty taste from wrapper, get a lot of toasted taste as well. I enjoy these a lot, but have to remember not to drink whiskey with these. Rum is better.