James Suckling Rumours

I have heard rumours that James Suckling is to produce a wine, a mix of grapes from different regions. Apparently to be called "One World, One Wine" to be launched at a dinner for the pope in England this weekend.

As far as I remember he was dropping hints a few months ago, saying something like "the dream of every wine critic is to produce a wine".

I'd wish him all the best with it.

Has anybody else heard anything like this?

Hi everyone,

Andy, Yes, James Suckling is coming out with his own site on wines in October,

but in the last few months , he's been busy with an interesting experience.

All goes to show that James Sucking is not yet retierd as some would like him to be. :P

I find what he's doing, is quite interesting but I would have tried another name for this wine,

It sounds too much like something Robert Parker has always dreamed about, One world WITH one wine, HIS... :D

Here is a link to Decanter.com

http://www.decanter.com/news/wine-news/499...w-suckling-wine

Thanks for the link Guy.

I'd love to know what Jancis Robinson thinks of it.

While I certainly hope it works out for him, I don't know who would buy a blend of this type if he ever tries to do anything other than a charity event with it.

Thanks for the link Guy.

I'd love to know what Jancis Robinson thinks of it.

I don't know who would buy a blend of this type if he ever tries to do anything other than a charity event with it.

Yes, I'm curious (though not overly :P ) if it's a one time deal or not.

To be honest that wine sounds like a dogs breakfast with too many blends.

And what about some Australian content, why exclude one of the best wine producing regions if your going that far.

Anybody seen the film 'Mondovino?'

The political slant is a bit tiring but the scenes with Robert Parker and James Suckling are amusing. Basically the thesis of the film is that there is a trend towards 'international' wines with lots of oak, forward flavors etc. that is being pushed by various critics, blenders, luxury houses, over-extended wine consultants, etc.

Perhaps James wants to hasten this process? A new partnership with Yellowtail looming?

:lol:

"the dream of every wine critic is to produce a wine".

james might want to but i can assure you that it most certainly not the dream of all critics. some do (halliday is a prime example here and nick bulleid and nick stock) but most want to remain firmly on the other side of the fence.

but i'd love to try james' wine.