Which Cigars are the Black Sheep of their families?

Which Bolivar is not quite like the others? Same for Cohiba? Partagas?

BBF to me is different to all other Bolivars. For some reason different Bolivar DNA with far more leather and earth than any other Boli.

Do any other examples come to mind for you in the different Marques? What makes that cigar so different? :huh:

BBF to me is different to all other Bolivars. For some reason different Bolivar DNA with far more leather and earth than any other Boli.

Do any other examples come to mind for you in the different Marques? What makes that cigar so different? :huh:

First one that comes to mind (cause I smoked one last night) is the RyJ Cazadore. As we all know a definite departure fromt he line. Remarkable in it's strength and youthful exuberance. :thumbsup: Not like any other RyJ.

In teh Bolivar range the gold medal is really different to me : much more light, easy going, aromatic...

The Diplomaticos #2 is definitely the black sheep of the marca - the only one not to be discontinued :huh:

LOL

I think in the Bolivar line ,the BBF is really different then other cigars from this marca.

To me it tastes with less flavor then BCE or BPC.

I dont say Im not enjoying it but from all the Bolivar cigars I tried I liked the BBF less.

Oh and don't forget RyJ,all of them :thumbsup:

ERDM Choix Supreme. By far the worst of the brand. While the others are subtle, delicious, complex, light, this one is just musty. And it's the only one of the lot still in production as far as I can tell.

I'll agree with the "different" but for different reasons. The Choix is the only ERDM I particularly like.

-- Gary F.

Been looking for an in on this for some time. As a Bolivar guy...the Royal Corona TUBO (at least the one and only box I've ever tried) is far and away different from the rest of the line and much more agressive than the boxed version BRC. Without the band I might guess it was a PD4. Maybe its just the box but it's like day and night.

Anyone else have an opinion on the BRC Tubo?

ERDM Choix Supreme. By far the worst of the brand. While the others are subtle, delicious, complex, light, this one is just musty. And it's the only one of the lot still in production as far as I can tell.

*Ain't dat a shame. I like the El Rey lonsdales when you can find them.