Another From Sydney

Traz

Greetings all. I only discovered this site today after seeing some of the awesome cigar reviews on YouTube. I'm not very active when it comes to discussion forums, but talking about cigars is about as easy as showing a love for booze, so. ;) My name is Troy and I’m 23, by the way. And I live in Australia//Sydney in case that wasn't apparent. ;)

I had my first cigar when I was 15, but I highly doubt it was a cuban. As for a proper cuban cigar, I only really got into them about a year ago. I used to have those mini-cigars on New Years Eve, but not long ago a good mate mentioned having his own humidor and a nice collection. I haven't smoked cigarettes in several years, but I became very interested in getting a humidor of my own so it only took a week or so before I took the plunge and was not disappointed.

A year later, and I think I have a respectable collection for the average enthusiast. I'd say around 50 or so from ten~ different brands/types. I've probably smoked about 30 others when you include handouts to mates. I purchased many 3-5 packs of as many different cuban cigars as I could, so I'm still in the (lengthy) process of determining my favourite(s).

In any case, I'll have a good look around this place and hopefully throw down a few posts or topics and get to know some of you better. 'Till next time.

Cheers, Maalouly. I don't doubt I'll have a good time here and get to meet some even greater personalities. Funnily enough I guess all of the cigar review videos give this place a bit of a "Facebook Effect" in that I know (of) several folk here already. >_> See you around, fellow Sydney Smoker. :blink:

@ Fuzz: A decade on me isn't too bad. Hell, I've got a 23 year old lady-friend of mine with a partner who is 40 so...nothing to worry about in your case. :blink: And I'm quite an old soul in spirit, if that helps. Downing respectable amounts of booze since I was 13, and working fulltime since I was 16. More on that later. >_> Good to see plenty of folk residing in Sydney around here, true.

@ CanuckSARTech: Thanks for the 'greet. Can never have too many Canadians who enjoy the finer things in life either. I'm pretty happy with my budding (no pun intended) cigar collection. If I purchased a box of 25 cigars at this present time I'd be hard pressed to fit them all in...but I love my variety and if some of them don't get touched for another year or several...win-win with the aging process.

Thanks for all the other welcome messages, guys. Looks like some posts disappeared and I was talking to myself. I'm not actually crazy. On a good day.

Just had a box of 10 Partagas Lusitanias arrive today so my humidor is fairing quite nicely and is well-fed. Can't wait to give them a try.

Welcome aboard Traz

Theres lots to be learned here a great friendships to make enjoy we do :P

Cheers OZ :clap:

Cheers all. I'll be on the lookout for any events in Sydney and hopefully rope in some others to come. Who doesn't love the pairing of liquor and cuban cigars?

Anyhow, off to Canberra for a solid weekend involving the above two things. A mate's mum is having her 50th, so I'll definitely load up my Cigar Caddy. The stocked esky goes without saying, too. :peace: I think some of them will be too intimidated to try an hour+ smoke, though. Bah.