My Cooler

scottmlaser

Heres my Baumatic cooler. Completly controlled by a ABB CM30, have installed a proper humidity and temperature probe in the top of the cooler which is connected to the controller. The controller also runs the fan in the bottom and can be set to come on and go off at any time. The controller also monitors the temperature and swiches the fridge on and off at a set temperature. Im just waiting for some beads to arrive from heartfelt and im done

post-5580-1281083135.jpg

post-5580-1281083153.jpg

post-5580-1281083171.jpg

post-5580-1281083197.jpg

post-5580-1281083221.jpg

post-5580-1281083238.jpg

Nice project!

I am very curios about your controller. I have been considering the commercial viability of environmentally stable humidors and I am interested in exploring the controller that you are using. I thought I had explored most of the commercially available controllers but this one is new to me. I too have been known to build a humidor or two... Thanks in advance for any information you can give me about the controller.

Thanks, Piggy

Nice project!

I am very curios about your controller. I have been considering the commercial viability of environmentally stable humidors and I am interested in exploring the controller that you are using. I thought I had explored most of the commercially available controllers but this one is new to me. I too have been known to build a humidor or two... Thanks in advance for any information you can give me about the controller.

Thanks, Piggy

Hi, This controller is a brand new product from ABB, im not even sure if its even available yet in retail outlets. I dont have the manual for the controller because it has been written yet as far as I know. However I should be getting one asap. When i do I will be able to tell you more. I have just worked out how to set an alarm if the humidity drops under 65% and then relay one is tripped and the fan comes on. I prefer this to having the fan on for a timed period every hour or having it on non stop. So far the controller is working out great I would highly recommend it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Thanks, Piggy

Hi, This controller is a brand new product from ABB, im not even sure if its even available yet in retail outlets. I dont have the manual for the controller because it has been written yet as far as I know. However I should be getting one asap. When i do I will be able to tell you more. I have just worked out how to set an alarm if the humidity drops under 65% and then relay one is tripped and the fan comes on. I prefer this to having the fan on for a timed period every hour or having it on non stop. So far the controller is working out great I would highly recommend it.

Scott, i am also very interested in this controller. Please let me know when you have more information about it, especially where i can buy it from.

Thanks, mate, the cooler looks great!

• 1 month later...

Nice stuff!

Just a word of advice, and by all means take it or leave it... but Id be getting those boxes off the bottom 'floor' of the fridge.

An episode of condensation will flood those boxes. It's only ever likley to happen in summer... and even then its no certain thing... but better safe than sorry.

Nice stuff!

Just a word of advice, and by all means take it or leave it... but Id be getting those boxes off the bottom 'floor' of the fridge.

An episode of condensation will flood those boxes. It's only ever likley to happen in summer... and even then its no certain thing... but better safe than sorry.

Sound advice! I always build a wood platform (like a small wood pallet) for the bottom of my cooler projects. -P