Barrio Alvarez Mercado

Greetings all… Fresh back from my latest jaunt to Nicaragua and another good report to file. Roberto remains the mover and shaker that I’ve know him to be. We visited his program in Barrio Alvarez Mercado. I have no idea how they come up with these names. :P

Our first stop was to pick up the food prepared offsite in the “kitchen” of an eager helper of Roberto’s. You can see why I loosely call it a kitchen.

post-66-1275943913.jpg

post-66-1275943934.jpg

post-66-1275943955.jpg

On to the locale which is simply the front porch of another friend. He has a network of many friends spread over the states of Carazo and Diriamba. The kids come, bowls in hand, from all parts of the barrio. The food is served while a young girl helps to take “roll call.” That particular day we fed 69 kids.

post-66-1275944078.jpg

post-66-1275944119.jpg

post-66-1275944170.jpg

post-66-1275944193.jpg

On this trip my cuidador (house caretaker- Roger) suggested if I were going to live in Huehuete perhaps I should feed the village’s impoverished children. He’s right, so Roberto, Roger and I negotiated a new program there; initially feeding 25 kids.

post-66-1275944496.jpg

post-66-1275944509.jpg

post-66-1275944526.jpg

The money Rob and you of the FOH board was personally delivered by yours truly. No expenses were taken from the FOH funds as I added his salary from my pocket. Ever the astute businessman, Roger insisted on taking two photos one with money in my hand and one after the transaction was made.

post-66-1275944603.jpg

post-66-1275944631.jpg

I continue to heartily thank Rob and each of you on the board who contribute to this most worthy endeavor! Cheers. :wacko:

Fantastic...keep up the great work and thanks for the update...

Great work by all making this world a better place than it was yesterday :rotfl:

Keep up the good work

OZ :lol:

• 2 months later...

Just caught up on reading all of this stuff on Rob's Nicaraguan mission.

Absolutely awesome. Very heartening stuff to read and see. I was able to be a member of some similar missionary work in the DR back in the mid-90's when I was in high school, but unfortunately, the rigors of normal everyday life has led to me not paying as much attention to this sort of humanitarian work.

Very commendable, Rob. Kudos for you to be doing this, and I will gladly pledge my support for the future of this with donations.

Cheers, and all the best wishes for this.