What does the weekend hold in store for members?

post-6191-1272673512.jpg

78 and sunny saturday. that = me in my favorite spot on the deck with my carcass rubbed down with coconut oil like a greased :( soaking up the radiation and a siglo iv.

NOW, Fri evening, with 3 fingers of Bacardi 151 neat with a parti short. Later a HDM Epi #1, cut and dry boxed since this morning.

Saturday, cleaning out garage for surprise bday party/mother's day party for my wife next Saturday. Probably will smoke an NC- maybe an RP Decade while I'm doing that.

Sunday, nephew's party at the park and the after party/cigars/single malt at his house to follow. Planning to bring a canonanza and Caol Ila 16 yr.

What a shitty day. People got fired and I inherited a bunch of new people and responsibilities. What a bloody mess. I'm hoping to smoke somthing but waiting for my smoking buddy to get back from dinner.

Need somthing full bodied and meaty, that will slap me back in the face and say "Calm down you big puss, your gonna be fine".

Oh yeah, Scotch. Lots of Scotch.

Back to work tomorrow and we will see if we make it to Sunday.

G

For me its 4:30 am and i am pool side with two boston butts of the smoker.They are about six pounds each and have to have them smoked and ready by 1:00 pm of Saturday for a pool party / birthday party for my 14 year old.I am seating out here smoking a padron 1964 anniversary ,and drinking a guiness with it.They go good together.( i know its not a cuban ,but a great cigar)I also think i will shot a round of sporting clays tomorrow after the party.And then on Sunday stay by the pool all day .The local weather man said we will hit 90 here in south carolina.First 90 of the year.Here come the summer. 90 plus days and 100% rh.

Busy weekend ahead. Helping Coach Rugby tomorrow morning followed by an afternoon of watching games culminating in sons rugby game against tough side Ashgrove. Head off to Rugby dinner tomorrow night to see presentation of the First XV jerseys for this year. Should be home around 2am

Hi everyone,

Yes , I can feel the pain too Rob, :P

Here in France it's a public holiday "Le 1er Mai " a bit like labor day :P

It's a hyper- weekend with hyper-visits, hyper- lunch, and,

^^

^^

^^

^^

^^

^^

^^

^^

Hyper-active friends

post-3705-1272714930.jpg

:clap:

Have a great weekend everyone :lol:

Wow some of you guys have it pretty good hey ..

Me, well I have it tough this week, I have to write a review for a (dirtbike) magazine today (I do this as a hobbie )

Tomorrow monday i have to get my fishing gear ready to go to Darwin for a week of barra fishing.

yea yea I know its a tough life but I have to deal with it :D

No phones, no public transport and no busy peak hour traffic to deal with.

The good thing is I'm taking a stash of Habanos and some good plonk and hoping to get a couple of fish

cheers guys/gals

Ps will post a few pics when I get back

Fun filled weekend of domestic bliss for me - I jest.....

We are replacing all our kitchen cabinetry, relocating our appliances, redoing the electrical in the kitchen and scheduling the template for the new counter tops.

Friday played golf with BrutustheBuckeye- gave him 5 aside and still crushed him by 2 or 3. I think the Lemon G he was smokin took its toll on him he threw it in the shitter early. Took the wife to PF Changs for dinner...the lettuce wraps were amazing. Saturday played more golf with some friends went home and wife made lobster ravioli for dinner...friggin amazing. Right now I'm at work tired as hell wishing I was home but its another dark grey ohio day so nothing else to do except sit here and make a little money so I can buy a box of cigars from El Presidente!

Yesterday it was 80 F. so I spent the day gardening and working outside. Today I'm going to church with my Aunt who's visiting from Hawaii, then putting ribs on the smoker as soon as I get home. Of course I'll need a cigar or two to keep me company while I keep an eye on the ribs... and probably a beer or three.

-- Gary F.

We started our week end on Thursday. Went to see the Infamous String Dusters on Thursday night at a small club. These guys are the young guns of bluegrass http://www.thestringdusters.com/.

Wife had Friday off so we went for a ride on our motorcycles, got some lunch and headed home for a nap.

Headed out to the deck for some libations and a 04 dip #2.

I got a new rifle this week , RWS Diana 48 supermagnum air rifle that need to be sighted in. All I can say is it is a damn powerful and accurate not a kids toy at all puts consistant 5 shot groups on paper @ 30 yards.

Back to the deck Saturday night for cocktails and buffalo burgers. We have a buffalo farm about 5 miles down the road that sells fresh meat. Great stuff , good flavor, lower in fat than beef and free range grass fed.

Today I'm hunting ground hogs in the morning, got one with a head shot, and chillin for the rest of the day.

I did a little work in the mares' corrals and some work in my garage reorganizing my reloading equipment while smoking a du Roi. As far as today is concerned I am 'bout to fire up the Harley and take Lady Piggy to the local biker spot. I will be taking along the usual riders, a bunch of unruly Marevas!!!

Friday played golf with BrutustheBuckeye- gave him 5 aside and still crushed him by 2 or 3. I think the Lemon G he was smokin took its toll on him he threw it in the shitter early. Took the wife to PF Changs for dinner...the lettuce wraps were amazing. Saturday played more golf with some friends went home and wife made lobster ravioli for dinner...friggin amazing. Right now I'm at work tired as hell wishing I was home but its another dark grey ohio day so nothing else to do except sit here and make a little money so I can buy a box of cigars from El Presidente!

It was windy....my putting was total **** so i got wasted and i played worse!!!! Thats golf!!!

Habone has expensive clubs with all the trimmings,Pro V 1 ball etc,etc,etc(swing coach,short game coach,mind over matter guru etc,etc,) he plays all the time... he hardly works!!!!!(this is not true)but it sounds good.....

I go out there with my knockoff irons a couple range balls i stole from the course and house slippers on wasted and he eeks out victory...Come on Bone...."Step ya Game Up"........................... :clap:

My kids, wife and I headed to Apollo bay from Friday through to the weekend.

We generally head that way a few times a year and I find it a magnificent retreat from city life which can cater for all people young and old alike and weather its fishing, hiking thorugh the rainforests, swimming at the beach, camping etc, the Great Ocean road is truly a special place.

Here are a couple pictures taken whilst heading for a walk at Marriners falls. The pics are not the best quality as we forgot our camera at home so my iPhone had to do.

post-5242-1272845816.jpg

My Son Ethan and I on our way to the falls. Mag 48 at hand.

post-5242-1272845902.jpg

My son and daughter having a ball walking through the forest.

post-5242-1272845965.jpg

Wife and kids at Marriners falls. I love seeing them happy

post-5242-1272846017.jpg

Kids with dad.

post-5242-1272846062.jpg

Mini me and I.

post-5242-1272846127.jpg

Marriners falls. Quite small but a beautiful walk through clean rivers and bushland for the kids.

post-5242-1272846196.jpg

A nice cold walk in the water. I was trying to show my daughter some trout and blackfish that swim by.

Took Friday off and left the City (Chicago) around 6:40 am with 2 friends. Met up with another 3 guys at 8:30 where we picked up our rental RV for the weekend. Loaded it up with all sorts of grilling food and a keg of beer (in the shower) and started the trek down to the Kentucky Derby. 2 others met us there.

Tapped keg at 9:30. Played cards and drank very foamy beer until we arrived at 5 pm at the RV park. Unloaded, fired up the grill, threw a football and continued to drink beer. Hit local with errant throw, put football back into RV. Finished up with cigars on the roof.

Rained all night, got the grill running for a bacon breakfast. More beer then off to the races. Had a good 3-4 bottles of booze confiscated so relegated to paying $7 for beer and $10 for juleps. Derby itself was drizzling, muddy and quite cold. Still a fantastic time and the women still brought the A team. Trudged back to the RV park and promptly threw away shoes. More grilling, beer, football, cigars and cards outside by a fire until another weather warning was given around 2 am. Scrambled to load the RV just before the heavens opened up.

Sunday, up early, on the road. Killed the rest of the booze playing poker, home by 2:30. 1st shower since Thursday (glorious), more beer on couch while listening to girlfriend talk about her weekend, crashed by 10 pm.

Now, back at work and it blows . . .

Lot of fun, 1st Derby experience learned a lot for next year.

Onto this weekends project which will be playing with my new toy! http://www.bradleysmoker.com/smokers.asp The original.

For the purists I live in a condo so no charcoal allowed. Figured I will need to practice with electric until I get a yard. Plan for the weekend is to cold smoke a batch of cheeses and salt on Thursday. Friday night going with my first pulled pork in a nice slow overnight smoke with hopes to be eating by Sat evening. Hopefully will get some cigars in as well.