Right way to smakoe?

I am a newbe to CC smoking, I have been smoking cigars for a couple of years,but just got into cubans.I ahd a question that i wanted to ask.I have been having a problem with all my CC want to go out about half way finished. I find myself having to relight.I find that the taste changes after i relight.What should i do.I try not to puff more than 30 seconds to a minute to try to keep the cigar from over heating and becoming bitter.Can someone give me the right way to smoke a Cuban or have any suggestions that would help. Thanks in advance .PB.

I am a newbe to CC smoking, I have been smoking cigars for a couple of years,but just got into cubans.I ahd a question that i wanted to ask.I have been having a problem with all my CC want to go out about half way finished. I find myself having to relight.I find that the taste changes after i relight.What should i do.I try not to puff more than 30 seconds to a minute to try to keep the cigar from over heating and becoming bitter.Can someone give me the right way to smoke a Cuban or have any suggestions that would help. Thanks in advance .PB.

What is the RH of the humidor you're storing them in? I found, for me, 65% RH is the perfect RH. When I went as high as 70% RH, smoking the cigars would produce the effects you are seeing. The were just too "wet". Try dry boxing a cigar for 24 hours and see if that fixes the problem.

I do try to keep the box up to 70 %. its reading 66% and 70 degree right now.Should the cigar try to go out in the middle?or should it give a good burn all the way through.What should the humidity be all the time.

Is your hygrometer accurate? I would try to get them stable @ 65% RH for about a week and see if that produces a better burn. A properly humidified cigar should not do what you are describing.

I think dry boxing is a good solution also. Put it somewhere airtight for one day without humidity control. Habanos are best smoked a bit drier than non-Cubans.

In any case, a Cuban cigar will not burn as accurate as a non-Cuban. But it should not extinguish itself half way through.

Over humidified cigars also produce a bad taste. .

All the advice above is great so by all means try it. I would add in addition that the waiting a minute between puffs is bullshit. Some times I don't wait 30 seconds either. I larger ring gauge can be pushed a little faster than a thin one on average but thin ones are more delicate. I read that advice and actually timed my smoking pace and found it to be faster than the one minute rule.

The tightness of the roll may affect the burn rate also and the maturaty of the cigar in im[portant as well. In the end keep your lighter full of fuel and torch the sucker as much as needed. I am anal about the perfect even burn and some make fun of how I am always correcting the burn.

First make sure your cigars aren't wet

Get your rh within range

Salt test your hygrometer

Dry box your cigar (open to air) 12-24 hours before smoking

If all that fails, perhaps may be a problem with the construction of your stogies.