New Bihikes

So with that 10% increase that HSA has supposedly already added, we are talking 40-50% above a Sig VI, right?

Alos saw the 10% increase. Amazing. But they can get away with it, so why not? I'm guessing (and hoping) that they'll eventually come down a little after the hoopla.

I don't mind them making something expensive and with a big ring if thats the type of customer they want to go after, but when it is at the cost of axing thinner, cheaper, and better cigars it is hard to swallow. Doubt I'll ever try one

While I am middle of the road on ring guage...ultimately I'll go for a jawbreaker if it is a good smoke. I really hope the Behikes will live up to the hype. IMHO the Cohiba Gran Reserva did not. Maybe they just need more time in the humi, but they left me disappointed.

I’d call it a special occasion smoke

I wonder how many "special occasion" cigars average members have in their humidors. Probably more cigars than special occasions...

So far I have managed to stay clear of these hyped cigars. No pre-orders made. It remains to be seen if and for how long I manage to maintain sufficient self restraint.

When HSA stops axing classic cigars I like, I might think about buying a few of these.

Until then, I'm not playing the game.

I'm curious, but I don't like to reward producers who intentionally aren't producing the products I want.

I have a feeling this means I won't be buying Behikes. Ever.

I'm interested to try one of these, but that's as far as it goes. Can't see anything that costly having a place in my regular rotation. I agonize before setting flame to a Trini Robusto, so unless I win the lottery they'll be an interesting experience and a one off!

In reading and thinking about it, I think my biggest problem with these are the sizes. And though the cost might keep me from trying to acquire

boxes, if they were churchills, dalias, coronas gordas, I'd be a hypocrite to say I would not have some interest - at least in trying some singles.

I regularly buy bottles of wine between $15 and $20, and just today was looking at a $60 bottle of Barolo. Of course, when it comes to wine, you

are not at the mercy of individual rollers as you are when it comes to cigars - any cigars, but cigar consistency issues are a concern. There is also

ease of acquisition, etc. Cost is an issue, but easier to swallow when you are fairly assured of quality.

I know that there seems to be much hype on the Behike but, this will be the first year of regular production so the potential is there for something very special. I think back on the Siglo VI release in 2003, now I would give my left arm for a box of these from 03. I have a lot of hope that these will be something really WOW, one of the big pushes is the medio tiempo leaf that will be in the blend. What are the thoughts on this...marketing or reality?

• 1 month later...

I tried the 56 on Saturday. Very smooth and creamy from the get go, typical Cohiba beany/vanilla nuances. Flavors stayed pretty much the same throughout. The media tempo did not make a big difference in the flavor over other aged Cohibas I have had.

A very nice cigar no doubt but it does not live up to the hype for me. Worth the money? definately not. Glad to have some more but wont be chasing more of them. The Grand Reservas are a much better classier cigar which they should be given price difference.

Score another one for the HSA marketing machine.

As a comparisson I had an 08 Upmann Mag 50 later that day and it was fantastic and more complex and enjoyable than the BHK and at a fraction of the price. I think the Mag 50's are one of the best QPR cuban cigars on the market FWIW.