Looking for a new Sydney hotel.

V Hotel Sydney 7:30am

I was aware there may have been a problem when I awoke to see a fireman in the room. Actually.....two fireman. Everything was a little hazy in the room as well...there was an alarm going off somewhere and I could now hear the unique sound of Fire engine outside my window.

Quick as a whip I grasped the situation

"Fire?"

Both fireman turned to me not hiding their look of disgust.

"It appears you turned on the hot water in the shower so the steam would take the wrinkles out of your shirt on the hanger. I am guessing you lay down and went to sleep. Steam set off the fire alarm. can you remember the time you turned it on?"

I said no.

I said no because I remember being with Elie and his gorgeous wife Jo last night until 12:30....few reds under the belt....and deciding to "Steam Iron" the shirt quickly before I went to bed. I must have closed my eyes for a few minutes. That would make it just a little over 7 hours.

Apparently the false alarm call out fee for a fire engine is a few thousand dollars.

Lise....I am running out of hotels :rolleyes:

if anyone knows of a good...... and tolerant....... hotel between Darling Harbour and Alexandria, please drop me a line.

What have you done Rob! I only left you alone for few hours. I think next time we should try the star city hotel, who knows you might sleep walk into the high rollers room and win enough to pay off the firemen's fee.

Wanted - One Leader/Mentor

Hi I am a lost employee looking for a Boss/Leader/Mentor!

For many a year I have been taken under the wing of one of the great entrepreneurs/business leader/pirates of our time, albeit it was a little sweaty under that arm at times. I learnt a lot of life skills, how to avoid your wife’s 40th birthday, how to convince a client that an under filled cigar is the trend nowadays and is all the rage in Paris, or even how to look busy so Lisa doesn’t suspect a thing.

All great skills!!

However of late the great leader, as he likes to be referred to, has let slip his great aura and cracks are appearing to show his weaknesses. Losing a shirt in reception, running into ex-girlfriends, booking my flights on the wrong day and finally setting off a fire alarm, (I must admit that is still pretty cool thing to do when you only use water and not fire).

But I can’t go on, my mentor has taken me so far and I feel he is holding me back, or for a better term he is dragging me down with him. All applications for my new mentor/boss/leader/the great one can be sent to Smithy.

For the love of God, Rob here is a Sydney laundry service that does shirts for $2.80 which is a hell of a lot cheaper than the fire brigade.

http://www.washontherocks.com.au/index.html

Wanted - One Leader/Mentor

Hi I am a lost employee looking for a Boss/Leader/Mentor!

For many a year I have been taken under the wing of one of the great entrepreneurs/business leader/pirates of our time, albeit it was a little sweaty under that arm at times. I learnt a lot of life skills, how to avoid your wife’s 40th birthday, how to convince a client that an under filled cigar is the trend nowadays and is all the rage in Paris, or even how to look busy so Lisa doesn’t suspect a thing.

All great skills!!

However of late the great leader, as he likes to be referred to, has let slip his great aura and cracks are appearing to show his weaknesses. Losing a shirt in reception, running into ex-girlfriends, booking my flights on the wrong day and finally setting off a fire alarm, (I must admit that is still pretty cool thing to do when you only use water and not fire).

But I can’t go on, my mentor has taken me so far and I feel he is holding me back, or for a better term he is dragging me down with him. All applications for my new mentor/boss/leader/the great one can be sent to Smithy.

For the love of God, Rob here is a Sydney laundry service that does shirts for $2.80 which is a hell of a lot cheaper than the fire brigade.

http://www.washontherocks.com.au/index.html

Brutusmithy strikes!

I suggest a fully fledged coup. May I be first to apply for the role of Czar. I feel my strong teamwork skills, can do attitude, ability to remember more than 50% of what happened in the last 5 minutes and refusal to wear 2" heels already puts me in a strong position.

Surely the hotel would cover that cost under their insurance seeing you paid for a room and were a guest? :rolleyes:

Fire truck call outs can be quite costly. I often have to send emails to the MFB explaining why we have false alarms etc at the building I manage here in Melbourne CBD. Often we get away with the call out charges (For 3 trucks), other times, not.

Define GUEST? :angry:

Guest: A person who patronizes a hotel, restaurant, etc., for the lodging, food, or entertainment it provides.

The entertainment being the early wake up (In style!) :huh:

Smithy as for your little tirade just remember my favourite saying....."only the mediocre are always at their best" :angry:

Anyway the hotel only fleetingly ran it past me that perhaps there would be a charge. I politely reminded them that there are $1 fire detectors that will not go off when confronted with steam (albeit.....a crap load of steam).

So after the rather rude awakening this morning, I decided to walk the 3.5 km to the warehouse from the hotel. Pulled out the Iphone, clocked in the addy and followed the instructions.

1/2 hour later I had second thoughts as I was speaking to some helpful indigenous brethren outside Tony Mundines Boxing Gym. Apparently Iphone thought it amusing to take me through the backstreets of Redfern carrying my laptop and following map directions from a $1000 phone. The Cuban heel boots were a topic of much glee from the locals.

As I sit here it dawned on me that I am turning into Ken Gargett.

Smithy as for your little tirade just remember my favourite saying....."only the mediocre are always at their best" :huh:

Anyway the hotel only fleetingly ran it past me that perhaps there would be a charge. I politely reminded them that them that there are $1 fire detectors that will not go off when confronted with steam (albeit.....a crap load of steam).

So after the rather rude awakening this morning, I decided to walk the 3.5 km to the warehouse from the hotel. Pulled out the Iphone, clocked in the addy and followed the instructions.

1/2 hour later I had second thoughts as I was speaking to some helpful indigenous brethren outside Tony Mundines Boxing Gym. Apparently Iphone thought it amusing to take me through the backstreets of Redfern carrying my laptop and following map directions from a $1000 phone. The Cuban heel boots were a topic of much glee from the locals.

As I sit here it dawned on me that I am turning into Ken Gargett.

:angry:

Apparently Iphone thought it amusing to take me through the backstreets of Redfern carrying my laptop and following

I can pin point the exact second you turned into Gargett, that instant you placed the blame on someone or something else that isn't yourself your inner Ken came out.

The world can only take one Ken at a time. Might I recommend that our illustriously leader not "metamorphisize" into the latest edition...I think the Mayan Calendar has some kind of warning against it.