My Latest Purchase

Just posting to those that will understand my joy - I've been given approval from the Mrs. to pick up the 200 box wardrobe sized commercial humidor from a local 'smoke shop' that's getting out of the cigar business - did the deal today and will have it by Friday. I'm useless with technology therefore haven't posted a pic, but its the largest of the 'Tower of Power' range and about a year old and I'm paying $800 for it including the honeywell humidifier (still in warranty). humi

The seller was trying to get me to buy his stock too - didn't have the heart to tell him that the main reason he's not succeeding with the cigar sales is because places like Cigar Czar are unbeatable on price and quality...

Anyway - no excuses now. I will be focussing on getting some stock in to age and not worrying about having sufficient storage.

$800.... Great buy mate. I have been looking for such a humidor for a while now, I am hoping to stumble upon one in an antique shop around Sydney although I doubt I will have much luck to be honest. Enjoy, beautiful piece of furniture!!

Now all you have to do is fill it up :D

Yep, that's the fun part! On that note, if anyone has recommendations on stuff that's particularly good for aging from current Czar stock, please let me know. I have good stock for current smoking needs but the real reason for the storage is to lay stuff down given that recent production has been of such a good standard.

Hi Everyone

Humi is now in the house and has been conditioning since Friday afternoon - I've just started adding some boxes and am maintaining a solid 63 - 66 Rh at 22 celcius. That's good but not great, and I have ordered a Cigar Oasis II XL in place of the more 'pedestrian' humidifier that's in there.

humig.jpg

Luckily its not a bad looking bit of furniture so the better half is willing for it to live in the dining room of our apartment (not like we actually eat in there anyway - the sofa is so much closer to the television :)) so the temp is constant and my stash will be easily accessable! Now all I need to do is find a quick and easy way to cover up the horrible Aussie health warnings on the dress boxes (or just buy cabs cos they come off more easily).

Note to anyone who already produces stickers - if you were to produce an appropriately sized image or quote, I'd buy lots...

Now all I need to do is find a quick and easy way to cover up the horrible Aussie health warnings on the dress boxes (or just buy cabs cos they come off more easily).

Note to anyone who already produces stickers - if you were to produce an appropriately sized image or quote, I'd buy lots...

Man, that's nice! Congrats!

As far as covering the stickers goes, you might try picking up some shipping labels and printing your own. The big ones that come 4 to a sheet will probably do nicely. Maybe take a picture of the cigars contained in the box and use that as the image.

As far as covering the stickers goes, you might try picking up some shipping labels and printing your own. The big ones that come 4 to a sheet will probably do nicely. Maybe take a picture of the cigars contained in the box and use that as the image.

That's a good idea - will try it.

Great looking humidor... just wait for the day you are sitting there trying to figure out how to convert the angled display shelves into flat shelves so you can store more boxes. So much potential.

That's really straightforward, just didn't want it to look empty! Bottom shelf will be ready to go flat by the end of the month, thanks to Rob and his team...

Very nice...congratulations. I read somewhere and tried this a while ago to remove the stickers...either lightly wet them and then blow dry with a hair dryer....or just blow dry. As I recall the came off very easily....

Good Luck